Chukka Beach in Falmouth questions

beachbuddy

Hi all, we were at Chukka Beach last December thru a RCCL excursion. We enjoyed the day very much and always felt safe. RCCL is no longer offering that excursion, don't know why but they cancelled quite a few of their excursions. Maybe it's a contract issue or something. Anyway, first question is..........can you go to Chukka on your own??? If so, is it safe to go on your own??

RCCL replaced the Chukka Beach day with the Red Stripe Beach day, but I haven't heard much good yet about Red Stripe..........reviews have been all over the place. Some said it was nice and clean and others said it was dirty and crowded...........so don't want to spend $30/person just to get there when they say it's about 7 to 10 min from the port. You still have to pay for your chair and/or umbrella.

Chairs were included in the cost of the tour at Chukka.

Appreciate any feeback. Would reallly like to do something and not just stay on the ship. But if worse comes to worse, guess we'll just walk around the port and go back to the ship.

While the excursion isn't offered anymore through RCCL, you could book it on your own. Do a search to see if there are private companies that provide the same excursion you are looking for.

I did a search but couldn't find an excursion there.

I did a search but couldn't find an excursion there.

This might help a little: According to this thread, the RCCL "Chukka Beach Break" excursion was not actually at a place called "Chukka Beach" :eek: It was an excursion to/from an unnamed beach offered through Chukka Caribbean Adventures. Since Chukka's own website no longer includes this as an option, I would imagine that RCI not offering it anymore because Chukka no longer offers it. Also according to the same thread (on page 3), the beach that people went to on their Chukka Beach Break was called "Good Hope Beach" (which is not the Good Hope Estate)... and that's all the information that I have been able to find. :o

This might help a little: According to this thread, the RCCL "Chukka Beach Break" excursion was not actually at a place called "Chukka Beach" :eek: It was an excursion to/from an unnamed beach offered through Chukka Caribbean Adventures. Since Chukka's own website no longer includes this as an option, I would imagine that RCI not offering it anymore because Chukka no longer offers it. Also according to the same thread (on page 3), the beach that people went to on their Chukka Beach Break was called "Good Hope Beach" (which is not the Good Hope Estate)... and that's all the information that I have been able to find. :o

LOL...........and I thought the name of the beach was Chukka.........LOL

Patty

Five to 10 minutes east of the Port of Falmouth, is an area called White Bay.

Located along White Bay, from west to east, are the following:

* Red Stripe Beach, a private area used for Royal Caribbean tour.

* Time N Place, a rustic venue with cottages, bar and restaurant.

* N-Resort, a nudist beach and resort.

* Breezes Resort - Trelawny, currently under renovation, which will reopen as Memories White Sands.

* Burwood Public Beach, controlled by the Trelawny Parish Council, with plans to modernize the facilities, but unimproved for last three years.

* Chukka Beach excursion, another tour uses the beach next to Burwood Public Beach

Here is a map of White Bay.

25 to 30 minutes west of Falmouth, midway between Falmouth and Montego Bay are two resorts. Excursions are available for Iberostar(through the ship) and Hilton Rose Hall (through Jamaicafora day).

Five to 10 minutes east of the Port of Falmouth, is an area called White Bay.

Located along White Bay, from west to east, are the following:

* Red Stripe Beach, a private area used for Royal Caribbean tour.

* Time N Place, a rustic venue with cottages, bar and restaurant.

* N-Resort, a nudist beach and resort.

* Breezes Resort - Trelawny, currently under renovation, which will reopen as Memories White Sands.

* Burwood Public Beach, controlled by the Trelawny Parish Council, with plans to modernize the facilities, but unimproved for last three years.

* Chukka Beach excursion, another tour uses the beach next to Burwood Public Beach

Here is a map of White Bay.

25 to 30 minutes west of Falmouth, midway between Falmouth and Montego Bay are two resorts. Excursions are available for Iberostar(through the ship) and Hilton Rose Hall (through Jamaicafora day).

Chukka Beach Excursion??? They don't offer that anymore.

Thanks for the info and the map.

Patty

Archived