Something to do in MD

Gailerina

This is more for those cruising Fall of 2014, so I will need to remember to post this.

If you are looking for something to do in case you are in Baltimore for an extra day or so and have a car, try RenFest!

http://www.rennfest.com/

It's a lot of fun and really interesting. The food and shows are great and you get to see a lot of people dressed up. You can even ride an elephant or camel!

This is more for those cruising Fall of 2014, so I will need to remember to post this.

If you are looking for something to do in case you are in Baltimore for an extra day or so and have a car, try RenFest!

It's a lot of fun and really interesting. The food and shows are great and you get to see a lot of people dressed up. You can even ride an elephant or camel!

The Renn Faire runs the last weekend in August to the Last weekend in October. it only runs on weekends( plus Labor day Monday).

it's not that far away from Baltimore in Crownsville. Takes us 20 minuets to get there( same amount of time it takes to get to the pier)

I spent all day sunday there volunteering with my husband's command to fundraise.

Love the animation...GO RAVENS ;)

• 2 weeks later...
The Renn Faire runs the last weekend in August to the Last weekend in October. it only runs on weekends( plus Labor day Monday).

it's not that far away from Baltimore in Crownsville. Takes us 20 minuets to get there( same amount of time it takes to get to the pier)

I spent all day sunday there volunteering with my husband's command to fundraise.

It's normally about a half-hour from my house to Crownsville. I went to the Renn Fest last month, on its last weekend, and it took 2-1/2 hours! The traffic was backed up all the way to I-97 and Route 3, which is about 6 miles.

Despite that, I had a great time, and I highly recommend it. For anyone out there who is considering this, I would advise you NOT to do it on the same day as your cruise departure. You'll want to spend several hours at the festival, and the traffic can be unpredictable (as I found out). Better to do it the day before your cruise, or the day you arrive back.

Edited by bus man