St. James Hotel in NOLA

tc2344

We are visiting NOLA mid-January and after looking at numerous reviews, we are thinking about booking our pre-cruise 2 night stay at St. James Hotel on Magazine. Any thoughts? I looked through a number of the threads on this site and didn't really see anything. Also, looking at the Riverfront street car to take us to the Port of New Orleans the day of the cruise vs cabs, but haven't been able to figure out the stop or if that is a realistic plan, any thoughts?

I have never stayed there so I can not comment on the hotel.

If you insist on taking the street car, then you'll walk from your hotel to Canal, then follow Canal street down to the riverfront street car line, and get off at the Julia street stop, should be the last stop. Then you have to brave Port of New Orleans drive with luggage and porters for other ships trying to get your bags.

The easier way to do it will be pay the $7 per person to get a taxi down to the correct terminal and not have to walk three blocks with luggage.

The streetcars are great, but not luggage-friendly<<<<new word I just made up!

Use them to get around when you can, but unless you are traveling only with something the size of a small airline carryon, you are going to have trouble. They may even have a policy of not letting large bags on the cars, I'm not sure.

Thank you both WLHyatt & Sipsey! For some reason I was thinking that the cab ride would be $30+tip, so I was looking at a more economical alternative. I will definitely heed your advice and take the cab and thank you both for taking the time to respond! :)

Archived