What about Blue Iguana Cantina?

JawjaFatBoy

I keep reading review after review talking about Guy's Burgers and while they definitely have me jonesing for a loaded Pig Patty, I'm curious about the Blue Iguana.

So how about it? To those who have been on ships that have it, especially the Liberty since we will be on it in December, how was it? Is it just tacos and burritos? What kind of toppings are on the bar? Inquiring minds want to know!:D

Thanks in advance for any info!!

You can probably find a menu somewhere. There are so many things that go into the burritos. They also do breakfast burritos. I thought that Guys was only slightly above average for burgers (many people are not impressed with them), but the Blue Iguana burritos were very good. I ate there a lot more than at Guys.

In all fairness though, if you have been on a ship with a burrito bar, which are on many ships, than Blue Iguana is identical. They just simply gave it a brand name, and added the breakfast burritos. Unfortunately, by branding it, that also eliminated the late night Mexican buffet during the lido deck party. The branding means that only the Blue Iguana cantina can serve Mexican food on the lido deck, so ships that have the cantina don't have that Mexican buffet. I only mention that so that you know not to save room in your stomach that night. They may even announce that there will be Mexican food, but all they have is chips & dip. I had to get pizza that night, as I was saving room, and the chips & dip wasn't cutting it. Ships without the cantina still have the full Mexican buffet.

We haven't been on a cruise yet with a burrito bar, but I can't really say that the Mexican buffet would be my most missed feature of the cruise. Bad experience on the Sensation.

Personally, I love a good burger, but to me it's just hard to beat a good burrito! I'm really looking forward to giving these a try. Thanks for the info!

We haven't been on a cruise yet with a burrito bar, but I can't really say that the Mexican buffet would be my most missed feature of the cruise. Bad experience on the Sensation.

May I ask what happened? I had the Mexican buffet on the Sensation, and it was delicious. I was expecting something in the line of Chipotle or even Taco Bell, but it had authentic Mexican foods like potato sopes and salmon flautas. I'll have to remember that 2.0 ships don't have the buffet, which really sucks, but that's Carnival cutbacks for you.

I found only one bad part. The buffet was held on the night the ship stayed late on port. So that meant Senor Frog's for a lot of people. And you know in what state people were coming back :D. So the buffet started looking like a big mess very quickly.

I had only just discovered the really good burger in the MDR for lunch on Fantasy-class ships (with cheese, bacon and guacamole). And now they've switched to the stupid brunch. I was not impressed with the brunch menu. At all. I'm a morning person and want to use brunch as my lunch and those options were just not impressive, imho. :(

I'm looking forward to trying Guy's.

I'm a made-to-order omelet gal from the buffet, so I'm also looking forward to trying a breakfast burrito instead.

I won't miss the Mexican buffet because I've never gone. Stopped by in September just because "my" asst waiter said he was working, but we had finished dinner about 20 minutes earlier!

Sorry, but I simply cannot eat 24/7, as much as I'd like to at times! :p

One month from today, I'll be on Conquest and trying all these new-to-me options. :D

LOVED the cantina on the Liberty last month. I went up almost every morning for Huevos rancheros. They were delicious. Also, the arepas were to die for. They put 2 eggs on the rancheros and cooked them fresh for you. My DH and I always split this and then got an arepa each. I never had to wait more than 1 person ahead of me. The burrito line usually had a couple more, but still never crowded. Also, the watermelon salsa is to die for! I normally went up and got it, took the plate, placed a napkin over it and took down to our balcony to enjoy with coffee we had ordered from room service.

We tried it one day at lunch. I got a fish taco and chicken and DH got a burrito. Again no lines. It was ok but not to die for like the breakfast.

Thank you for this!!

sounds awesome and delicious! omg i CANNOT WAIT~!!!!!!!!!!!

Me either! I am SO ready for this cruise to get here! I get one good break from my job a year and I intend to enjoy to the absolute fullest!! :D

May I ask what happened? I had the Mexican buffet on the Sensation, and it was delicious. I was expecting something in the line of Chipotle or even Taco Bell, but it had authentic Mexican foods like potato sopes and salmon flautas. I'll have to remember that 2.0 ships don't have the buffet, which really sucks, but that's Carnival cutbacks for you.

I found only one bad part. The buffet was held on the night the ship stayed late on port. So that meant Senor Frog's for a lot of people. And you know in what state people were coming back :D. So the buffet started looking like a big mess very quickly.

Not sure if they just had a bad night or what, but my wife and I both found the food awful overall. A few things were good, but the majority was just "ugh!".

We have our share of REAL Mexican restaurants in this area (lots of migrant agricultural workers) and the food is awesome. Whatever that was they served on the Sensation, it was NOT authentic Mexican.:(

LOVED the cantina on the Liberty last month. I went up almost every morning for Huevos rancheros. They were delicious. Also, the arepas were to die for. They put 2 eggs on the rancheros and cooked them fresh for you. My DH and I always split this and then got an arepa each. I never had to wait more than 1 person ahead of me. The burrito line usually had a couple more, but still never crowded. Also, the watermelon salsa is to die for! I normally went up and got it, took the plate, placed a napkin over it and took down to our balcony to enjoy with coffee we had ordered from room service.

We tried it one day at lunch. I got a fish taco and chicken and DH got a burrito. Again no lines. It was ok but not to die for like the breakfast.

Most of what I have heard about the Blue Iguana has been about the breakfast burritos and the huevos rancheros! I will be checking these out for sure!!:D

We were on the breeze for two weeks and I enjoyed this place ALOT.....for breakfast I would get a breakfast burrito....they had two kids of eggs plain or what they called mexican style it was just eggs with totamto and onion and peppers....and I would get these crispy potatoes they had with cheese and salsa and chicken sausage....omg they were amazing!!! for lunch I would get a burrito as well! so awesome!!..the tacos were good too and the salsa bar made them taste even better!!! They have alittle more variety then the regular burrito bars the other boats had....but definantly a huge plus in my addition! I do wish they had chips though, the old burrito bars had chips where you could get with salsa....they have a salsa bar but no chips :confused:

We were on the breeze for two weeks and I enjoyed this place ALOT.....for breakfast I would get a breakfast burrito....they had two kids of eggs plain or what they called mexican style it was just eggs with totamto and onion and peppers....and I would get these crispy potatoes they had with cheese and salsa and chicken sausage....omg they were amazing!!! for lunch I would get a burrito as well! so awesome!!..the tacos were good too and the salsa bar made them taste even better!!! They have alittle more variety then the regular burrito bars the other boats had....but definantly a huge plus in my addition! I do wish they had chips though, the old burrito bars had chips where you could get with salsa....they have a salsa bar but no chips :confused:

We couldn't find chips either. But we found French fries. Piled those with Carne Asada, cheese, beans all the fixings and then topped it off with salsa. So good.