My time dining

eelia74

We always go around 6:45 or 7:00 for anytime dining and have never really had to wait except on Elegant Night... We were given a beeper and went to the bar for a drink and waited approximately 35 minutes.

You can't make reservations on Carnival for anytime dining. When we sailed Royal Caribbean and used anytime dining, you could book a time in advance. Not sure if it still works like that on Royal since it's been a few years since we sailed with that line.

We usually go around 6:30 and have rarely had to wait.

I'm surprised the PP said Royal takes reservations. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of "anytime" dining.

That was my thought, exactly when we were asked the first night we went to the dining room if we wanted to make a reservation for the rest of the week but to be honest, it worked out great for us. We booked a time of 7:15 each night --right in between the two sittings and had the same great wait team each night. We loved it. I was a bit hesitant to make a reservation at first but if we sail Royal Caribbean again, I'd definitely do it. You're not bound to this and it can be changed if something comes up and you can't make the time you reserved.

What suggestions do you have with the my time dining? Good time to go? How do you make reservations and when?

We eat early, it's just our habit. We've never had to wait when we've gone right around the time the dining room opened. One night we went later, a few minutes before the late seating opened. The late seating line was long, but the My time line was separate and we went right in.

We either go real early, like when it opens and wait on the short line that forms to get in or we wait and go right after the early show if we want to watch it. Only had to get a pager for a 10 minute wait once.

We always go between 5:30 - 5:45 and walk right up to the hostess stand and get seated right away. We always request the same wait staff and never have an issue. The only time we do wait is elegant nights. But the wait has never been long. 10 min at most.

We have always enjoyed traditional dining, the late seating.

When I booked our 2014 Valor cruise I booked ATD for the first time -- looking forward to checking it out, although a little nervous -- don't necessarily want to have to go early in order to avoid a wait. Guess we'll see! :)

We chiose that option on the Glory. Like others we ate either early or in when most were in the early show. The 1st night we were sat at a table for 2, but it was soooooo close to the next couple! It was awkward! So from then on we chose to ask for a more private table. And we never waited more than 2-4 min. Not bad at all.

Love ATD and really made use of it - dined anywhere from 6 to 8:30 PM and never waited more than a couple of minutes - had a pager. We usually had the same wait staff every night. Met new people every night but then this is why we cruise - to get out of any routine or rut (dining with the same people every night defeats the purpose of meeting new people).

Archived