B2B Changeover Day in Fort Lauderdale

Princess Penguin

After 4 cruises on Princess and 3 on NCL, we are taking a B2B Christmas cruise on the Connie this year. I’ve been booking shore excursions through the Celebrity website. I see the options online but haven’t been able to book anything for the changeover day between the 2 legs. Is this something I need to do aboard the ship? I emailed Celebrity over a week ago and have not gotten a response.

After 4 cruises on Princess and 3 on NCL, we are taking a B2B Christmas cruise on the Connie this year. I’ve been booking shore excursions through the Celebrity website. I see the options online but haven’t been able to book anything for the changeover day between the 2 legs. Is this something I need to do aboard the ship? I emailed Celebrity over a week ago and have not gotten a response.

Hi Princess Penguin,

I would think that if the excursions are listed on the website, you should be able to book them. With that said, we all know that Celebrity's website can be hit & miss, and I'm trying to be very polite when I say that. Although it's turnaround day, I believe you can book in advance.

Email is definitely not the way to go, as from personal experience, Celebrity infrequently responds.

My advice is to call Captains Club at 800-760-0654, and I'm sure they will assist you.

There is a great free open air trolley that goes thru Ft. Lauderdale. It will take you to shops, restaurants, etc. narrated and fun. I got it at FLL ( long wait before flight home) but they have numerous stops.

You can also get a day rate at a beach hotel and enjoy the amenities.

It's not clear to me if you see excursions on-line but are unable to book them or if, instead, there are no excursions listed for changeover day...

If the former, I agree with the advice to call Captain's Club...

If the latter, it is entirely possible that Celebrity is not offering any shore excursions on your changeover day... To some extent--but I am not entirely sure whether it might influence the outcome--it could be that there are not enough B2B guests to make a tour economically viable; I've had that happen...

Enjoy Fort Lauderdale; it's a great city just ten miles from my home! If you aren't successful in booking a tour through Celebrity, you might consider doing a [likely, morning] cruise through the waterways and up the New River--very pleasant with points of interest and lots of magnificent homes along the way--on the Jungle Queen [it leaves from Bahia Mar Marina on Fort Lauderdale Beach], going to Las Olas Boulevard for lunch/a wander [lots of great restaurants/higher end shops], or the Trolley that the previous poster mentioned... You'll find information about all--as well as additional ideas--via web search and/or Trip Advisor... All that I've mentioned are a short taxi ride from Port Everglades...

There is a great free open air trolley that goes thru Ft. Lauderdale. It will take you to shops, restaurants, etc. narrated and fun. I got it at FLL ( long wait before flight home) but they have numerous stops.

Unless things have changed, this only runs on a few days a week. I think that it was Friday - Sunday but you need to check. Search for "Sun Trolley Fort Lauderdale" on the Internet. Last time we used it, they had started charging - 50c, I believe! However, it is a few years since we have been in Fort Lauderdale on the right days so all this needs to be checked.

Sue

Archived