Internet on Spirit

Can anyone advise on the internet / wifi packages offered on Carnival Spirit (costs, speed, value for money, accessibility, etc)?

Many thanks!

We cruised on the Spirit earlier this year. Hubby and I both bought their "unlimited high speed package" which cost us $165 each.

The speed wasn't really all that high - it was basically the same as you'd get on any other cruise ship which always seems really really slow when you're used to broadband access :)

But, price-wise this was less than half what we'd normally spend on internet access on a cruise (for probably about 30 minutes to an hour of usage each per day).

I did note down at the time that they also had a slower 'basic' connection available for roughly half the price and they may well have had pay by the hour plans too, but I didn't write down the details, sorry.

We had no trouble with using our own laptops, getting connections etc - it all worked quite well.

We bought the high speed package which you can share between 4 devices though only 1 at a time. We were travelling with friends and shared the cost so we each had 2 devices. It worked out about the same as us each buying the slower single speed option. Having to share was never a problem.

The performance of the high speed package was quite good, much better than the performance on our previous cruises using the internet library.

Archived