Upsell Fairy called me...

kshawks

We are on the Rivera Deck, and the upsell fairy called me offering me cabin 9207 for $150pp extra...I don't think it's a bad deal, but with so many port days on this itinerary, I'm not sure how much use I would get out of it?

$150 per person - how many people (2 is $300 - 3 is $450) - sorry but I disagree - I PERSONALLY do not need to be on the Lido deck, takes no time to get there plus I could use the exercise - I would much rather use that extra money for soooooo many other things - but that is me. I would have booked the Lido in the first place if it was that important to me and probably for less money than the upsell. We spend so little time in our cabin (change, sleep, whatever) that we no longer book balconies as much as I love them - just not worth the extra cash for us but then we fly from Canada which is the cost of the cruise if not more sometimes

I would JUMP on it!!!! Even after a long day in port, there is nothing better than coming back, showering, pouring a drink, and enjoying it on your balcony ( if you drink ):D:D Either way, even just relaxing out there in the morning with room service, or late at night, in the pitch black, it's TOTALLY worth the $150pp!!! Enjoy and let us know what you decide!:D

$150 per person - how many people (2 is $300 - 3 is $450) - sorry but I disagree - I PERSONALLY do not need to be on the Lido deck, takes no time to get there plus I could use the exercise - I would much rather use that extra money for soooooo many other things - but that is me. I would have booked the Lido in the first place if it was that important to me and probably for less money than the upsell. We spend so little time in our cabin (change, sleep, whatever) that we no longer book balconies as much as I love them - just not worth the extra cash for us but then we fly from Canada which is the cost of the cruise if not more sometimes

We got the upsell call as well and I agree with Tbay-eh it wasn't worth it. There are four of us which would have been great to have the extra space but for the $525 extra it wasn't worth it (which was almost double as we got an OV for $164/pp) we don't spend any time in the cabin other sleeping anyways.

Just got off the phone with the Upsell Fairy myself. Nice guy, but I said no. Offered to upgrade this solo cruiser from an Aft Balcony to a Grand Suite for $500. Since I paid almost $800 for the room, I said no. Would rather use that money elsewhere. I did tell him "maybe next time". He said, "Well, if there is a next time."

Oh, there will be a next time Mr. Fairy....there will. :D

Just got off the phone with the Upsell Fairy myself. Nice guy, but I said no. Offered to upgrade this solo cruiser from an Aft Balcony to a Grand Suite for $500. Since I paid almost $800 for the room, I said no. Would rather use that money elsewhere. I did tell him "maybe next time". He said, "Well, if there is a next time."

Oh, there will be a next time Mr. Fairy....there will. :D

Must be up sell fairy time. We got the call too, we are also in an aft and they tried to sell us the Grand suite for $425. ea. We decided to put our money into the cheers package instead.

We are on the Rivera Deck, and the upsell fairy called me offering me cabin 9207 for $150pp extra...I don't think it's a bad deal, but with so many port days on this itinerary, I'm not sure how much use I would get out of it?

I hope you took it! Balconies are wonderful. We booked a premium balcony on our first cruise and now we're hooked! We have a premium balcony on the Valor in January and have an aft-wrap balcony booked for our B2B on the Dream! :D

I got an upsell email...from OV to a balcony for $430 more for our December Fascination cruise...Would have taken it if I just hadn't bought a new car...has anyone else gotten an upsell email? Don't remember seeing a thread on it before.

We are lido balcony fans not knowing what ship $150 to jump from the Riviera to Lido is a huge steal !!

As far as port days we don't use the pool very often or the loungers but to be able to walk down the hall for morning coffee or a snack when you come back from port its one of those things you cant understand until you have one and don't have to wait for elevators or do 5 flights of stairs then walk the length of the ship for a piece of pizza

I've never gotten the call. If they don't call me in the next week or so, I might have to call them. :(

Of my 10 cruises with Carnival, I've got the call twice. Both times it was when we already had a high category of room booked. Both times we already had a balcony on the Panorama Deck, actually. Took it once, turned it down the second time, The second "offer" was actually no more expensive that if I would have just called and asked for an upgrade at the going rate. Wasn't thrilled about that...

Depends on how many are in the cabin, if it's 2 people, sure I think it's worth it, 4... eh not so much. I personally do not like Lido and book as far away as possible, less traveled by other guests. I don't mind the walk and for me there's no perk to staying that close.

I got an upsell email...from OV to a balcony for $430 more for our December Fascination cruise...Would have taken it if I just hadn't bought a new car...has anyone else gotten an upsell email? Don't remember seeing a thread on it before.

We received 2 upsell EMAILS in the past week.....they were a joke. The first one was for an upgrade to a JS for $590.....same price as listed on website, that's NO perk. But I did call the 800# listed on email to see if maybe they would give a better price.....LOL....they couldn't even FIND my email, said they had no record of it, transferred me 2 times, NO ONE at CCL could FIND the email.....is this a joke or what?

Lo and behold a 2nd email comes the next day, this time to upgrade us for $50 to a Spa deck balcony (we are already in a balcony cabin)......called the 800#, and once again....NO RECORD of sending this email, can't upsell even if we wanted as CCL couldn't FIND the email?????

CCL, you need to get your act together!!!!

Archived