Live From the Victory... Full Moon(s) cruise review with pics.

Kokomo_Man

I'm surprised them mermaids aren't more...polished...in certain bits and parts...

Only ship I've been on is the Pride (twice), which is well known for it's nekkid people...

Mermaids everywhere :o

Mermaid4.JPG

Mermaid3.JPG

Mermaid5.JPG

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

About to delve into your photos of Nassau. I've always (hah-twice) just walked around town...been in the Pirate Museum, which is actually a nice little place and well maintained. On me next visit, I *have* to get a day pass for the British Colonial Hilton...it's on the site of the old (really old) Fort Nassau, which has a lot of pirate history...

The great Victory full moon(s) adventure.

Review & pics - Nassau

Most of the tours in Nassau are water adventure type tours... beach trips, snorkeling, dolphin encounters and the like. I have not done one of the dolphin encounters but everyone I’ve talked to that took one of the these excursions has loved it. I have always been disappointed that Carnival has not offered any SCUBA excursions on any of their cruises I have taken to Nassau. Nassau is one of the best diving places in the Caribbean, so I don’t know why Carnival doesn’t offer it.

The other big thing to do is to go to the Atlantis resort. Most of the Atlantis excursions are pricey and I’ve heard that you are restricted from using all the facility in some cases. If you want to go to Atlantis, you can book it yourself online directly with the resort. Then take a taxi or water-taxi to get there for $8.00 round-trip.

For this trip, I did not book any excursions. I have been to Nassau enough times that these days I just go on a walk-about. Usually I sleep in and then take a walk to Junkanoo Beach and “Fish Fry”. Both are interesting places. Junkanoo Beach is a nice free area if you want to spend some time at the beach. “Fish Fry” is a nice place to... well... eat fish.

A lot of folks have ask me about how to get to Junkanoo Beach and “Fish Fry”. Both places are within walking distance for most people... about 20 minutes to Junkanoo Beach and maybe another 10 minutes to Fish Fry. It’s good exercise to work off all that Chocolate Melting Cake.

To get to Junkanoo Beach just try to stay along the sea-wall to the right after you exit the port area. You will run into Senior Frogs and turn left into town. If you make it past the Frog... many never make it past the frozen concoctions to help them hang on... then just follow the signs through the town that will direct you.

The pics that follow are from a walk-about.

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

Here are the rest of the pics from the walk-about. The first two are of Junkanoo beach. As you can see, it's a nice beach area.

Junkano4.JPG

Junkano5.JPG

This is of Fish Fry. As you can see, the prices are reasonable... and the food is tasty.

FishFry0.JPG

FishFry5.JPG

FishFry2.JPG

FishFry4.JPG

That's all for now... tomorrow it's on to Half.... errrr, Full Moon Cay.

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

The great Victory full moon(s) adventure.

Review & pics - Full Moon Cay

Yes... yes... I know it’s Half Moon Cay. But if you knew what I know you would be calling it Full Moon Cay too. After all... this was the “full moon(s) cruise”.

As “private islands” go, this is one of the best. The ocean water is warm, clear, and very inviting. The long sandy beach is soft and clean... now one of my favorite beaches. The facilities are first rate. Keep in mind that this was built for the more upscale, older set that sails on Holland America, so the facilities kinda match. That’s a good thing.

If you love beach days, then you’ll love Full Moon Cay. I’ll let my pics do the rest of the talkin’.

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

Here's the beautiful island from on top of the ship.

HMC1.JPG

This is one of the tenders to get you to shore... notice it is a "Holland America" tender.

HMC2.JPG

All these people were from the Victory... we were the only ship there that day.

HMC3.JPG

There is plenty of "liquid refreshment" on the island.

HMC4.JPG

I got called away by ghosts and goblins... here are the rest of the pics from Full Moon Cay...

HMC5.JPG

The water really is an amazing color!

HMC6.JPG

HMC7.JPG

Everyone I talked to loved the cabanas no matter which size. They seem to be a great beachside hangout for the day.

If several people go in together on one the price per person ends up quite reasonable.

HMC8.JPG

A little ways down the beach you will find the horse stables. If you go for a ride, they will take you a little way out into the

ocean. You can get one of those famous photos on horseback out in the water.

They also walk the horses on down the beach, so if you are walking down that direction...

watch out for the road apples - YEOWWWWW

HMC9.JPG

If you walk all the way down to the end of the beach you'll come to this sign. I can't recommend that you go beyond the

sign... however there were tons of footprints in the sand going further. And... about 40 yards beyond the sign is where

the great snorkeling is.

HMC10.JPG

That's all for today... tomorrow it's on to Grand Turk

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

• 2 weeks later...