Amazing Race Cozumel Snorkeling difficulty

nmyorkiemom

My DSis 62 & myself 53 are planning to do this in about 2 weeks. I swim pretty well, but don't like to snorkel much & she is afraid of 'critters' in the ocean.

Is the snorkeling very deep or difficult? I can't imagine it would be, but would rather have a bit of advance warning.

Thanks!

Ran this Race in 2011 and it was a blast. Myself, wife, 2 boys at the time ages 9 and 15. We are all great swimmers, but the 15 year old wanted to retrieve the snorkeling clue. He was under water 10-15 seconds and wasn't that deep maybe 10-15ft. He just swam straight down and got the clue that was attached to like some kind of sunken chest. The water is clear but salty, take goggles. Even though they say they change routes and other things-- My Race was long it took us 2 and half hours. I think the winning time was like an hour and 47 minutes. The hardest part was the museum. All in all a great excursion and you venture into areas you would probably not see unless doing this type of excursion. The wife got mad as people were blowing us out on the museum portion, we realized very early in the race that we were nowhere close to first and she is real competitive. After about an hour of pure hustling, we just laid back and enjoyed the sights and finished the Race next to last.

we are in shape and in our 40's

Archived