Dream--sports for a 7-yr old boy?

blissmom18

Booked our first DCL cruise on the Dream. Wondering about the kids club having activities to satisfy my sports-loving 7-year old boy? Also, is there a "sports deck" or area on the Dream where he could shoot hoops with his dad or boys around his age (i.e. not with the teenagers)? While I know he will have some fun in the kids club, but wondering if he will get bored?

Also, I found out there was no split bath in the Inside Staterooms only AFTER I booked the cruise. Are we going to regret the inside cabin as two adults and two kids (under age 10)??

Another question: wondering about Nassau and excursions with the kids--any advice? Should we skip and just stay on the ship?

Thanks for all the advice--this forum has been extremely helpful as we continue our planning for "D" day!

There is a sports deck above the pool area, it was used pretty heavily by the kids program and other groups, but I don't know exactly who did what.

I'd say you might find the inside a tad cramped, bathroom aside for 4 people, but at least they have the magic portholes so they don't feel so closet like.

Finally, honestly other than the water park at Atlantis, theres not that much on Nassau. Leave them in the kids program for a bit and go shopping off the dock if you want. If you do want to do the water park, see the Nassau forum for tips and tricks to save money.

Booked our first DCL cruise on the Dream. Wondering about the kids club having activities to satisfy my sports-loving 7-year old boy? Also, is there a "sports deck" or area on the Dream where he could shoot hoops with his dad or boys around his age (i.e. not with the teenagers)? While I know he will have some fun in the kids club, but wondering if he will get bored?

Also, I found out there was no split bath in the Inside Staterooms only AFTER I booked the cruise. Are we going to regret the inside cabin as two adults and two kids (under age 10)??

Another question: wondering about Nassau and excursions with the kids--any advice? Should we skip and just stay on the ship?

Thanks for all the advice--this forum has been extremely helpful as we continue our planning for "D" day!

What category did you book? Some of the insides have a split bath - I think only the 11's do not but the 10's do have split baths.

In regards to Nassau - how long is your cruise - 3 or 4 nights? For a 3 night cruise I would suggest staying on board 100% during the Nassau stop. There is so much to see/do on the ship and it will give you a bit of extra time to do so. On a 4 day I would probably still suggest it, unless you found an excursion that you really really wanted to do.

The Dream has a sport's deck with mini golf, foosball/ping pong, basketball - I think they sometimes use the BB court for volleyball and soccer too. There are sports simulators too - they may be extra $$. I think there is shuffleboard on the walking track but I could be wrong ...

I just posted some navigators for a member that may help you see what types of activities are offered. Check out this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1928660 start looking at post #32 to see images of the Navigators

Archived