NCL - HORRIBLE Customer Service

rhinomike

All the OP really wants is connecting rooms so I'm sure the suite doesn't mean much to him. Basically, he probably wouldn't have booked this cruise had he known what he knows now but he has airfare and hotels booked...so he's got to make the best of it.

Not that it should matter...but 2 of his kids are actually adults and that may make a difference to how urgent NCL thinks this is. But, in my opinion, if they would be attentive and apologetic for the mistake and actually answer calls it would help. I'm pretty sure the OP just plans on dealing with the situation and making the best of it within he and his wife's boundaries.

It's a really, really great itinerary and hard to give it up!

Just curious.....what would make you happy? What are you looking for them to do?

Harriet

My family together in a connecting room. That's all I ever wanted. I prefer the less expensive inside room. But since they are not available I am willing to pay the upgrade for 2 balcony rooms. However the balcony rooms are only available as a 3 person connected o a 2 person. That's where the suite connecting to a balcony came in. It seems that is the only option. But I don't want to pay an extra $10k for the suite. If I had known in the beginning that was my only option. I would of chose Princess or Celebrity. They both had connecting cabins. Or so the rep told us. Lol.

I think the most economically option for both me and NCL is to allow a 3rd person into the connecting balcony rooms. Then I can pay the upgrade.

Maybe a suite at the original price without any suite perks would be fair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes. That would be fine. I don't care that much about suite perks. Sure they are nice. Im not gonna lie. Lol.

But my main/only concern now is getting connecting rooms.

My family together in a connecting room. That's all I ever wanted. I prefer the less expensive inside room. But since they are not available I am willing to pay the upgrade for 2 balcony rooms. However the balcony rooms are only available as a 3 person connected o a 2 person. That's where the suite connecting to a balcony came in. It seems that is the only option. But I don't want to pay an extra $10k for the suite. If I had known in the beginning that was my only option. I would of chose Princess or Celebrity. They both had connecting cabins. Or so the rep told us. Lol.

I think the most economically option for both me and NCL is to allow a 3rd person into the connecting balcony rooms. Then I can pay the upgrade.

Why not have two connecting balconies and one inside across the hall? Plenty of bathrooms and lots of space.

Why not have two connecting balconies and one inside across the hall? Plenty of bathrooms and lots of space.

Thank you for the suggestion..... But the point is to have my whole family together in connecting rooms. That is the way we like to travel/cruise.

It's hard to tell, because we only have one version. The OP has 4 kids and that's a lot of extra perks. At this point, I getting confused about just what the OP wants. But I did lose some faith when the OP posted this exact thread on the Carnival page. The moderators removed it.

No, the OP accidentally posted this on the Carnival page, realized his mistake and then posted the same here. Then HE asked the Carnival moderators to remove the other. They moved it to the NCL page, and the NCL moderators have since removed it as being a double.

The OP posted his mistake on the first page. Your faith should be all good now. ;)

He hasn't mentioned suite perks, or any type of compensation. He is disappointed in the poor quality customer service he received and the run-around he feels he got while trying to repeatedly solve a problem that was not his fault. He even offered to pay half the cost of an upgrade that would accommodate his family in the manner in which he wanted to begin with. I think he's been more than fair. It's a shame he has had to deal with this for over three weeks before at last getting someone capable of resolution looking at the problem.

There is no way that you can get connecting inside rooms. They are not going to break through a wall to make one available for you...so that option is out.

There is no way you can have connecting balcony's if one cabin sleeps 3 and one sleeps 2. First, where is the 3rd person going to sleep, the floor? Second, if there was an emergency there would be no room in the life boat for the 3rd boy. So that option is out.

The way I see it you have a few options....all of them with non connecting rooms unless you opt for the suite with perks and a connecting balcony without perks.....which wouldn't be my option. Option 1: 2 inside room next to or near each other. Your boys aren't babies that need you there with them 24/7. You can still all mingle in one room but sleep in separate.

or

Get 3 balcony rooms since you can't fit 6 people into 2.

or

Go with the suite with perks connecting to a balcony with no perks.

NCL can not make an inside connecting room for you, it just does not exist. They won't cut a hole in a wall for you.

NCL cannot allow more to a balcony cabin than permitted for safety reasons in regard to lifeboats as well as rules of the sea.

Not sure what else to say in regard to this. Maybe.....just Maybe....

if there are connecting rooms available that DO allow 3 to a room and they are occupied by those that don't need the connecting room NCL MIGHT be able to contact those occupying those rooms and ask if they'd be willing to be moved for a family that needs connecting rooms. But again, that would be up to the present occupying guests.

Harriet

Harriet....

Yes that is from a different thread I commented on.... That is after I first spoke to the NCL supervisor. She told me the only option was a suite connecting to a balcony. She said that management might upgrade me at no cost. I said I did not think that would happen nor was it what I was looking for. I offered to split the cost of the upgrade with NCL. $5k each.

Then while she was getting approval from management (since I did learn from my mistake) I started doing research on the suite and balcony room. Also wondering how much extra it was worth to upgrade to a suite...... Also wondering which suite was best. Just in case that is my only option.

I still think a far better option for both me and NCL is to get 2 connecting balconies and I will pay the upgrade. Just got to get NCL management to ok the 3rd person in a balcony room meant for 2.

There is no way that you can get connecting inside rooms. They are not going to break through a wall to make one available for you...so that option is out.

There is no way you can have connecting balcony's if one cabin sleeps 3 and one sleeps 2. First, where is the 3rd person going to sleep, the floor? Second, if there was an emergency there would be no room in the life boat for the 3rd boy. So that option is out.

The way I see it you have a few options....all of them with non connecting rooms unless you opt for the suite with perks and a connecting balcony without perks.....which wouldn't be my option. Option 1: 2 inside room next to or near each other. Your boys aren't babies that need you there with them 24/7. You can still all mingle in one room but sleep in separate.

or

Get 3 balcony rooms since you can't fit 6 people into 2.

or

Go with the suite with perks connecting to a balcony with no perks.

NCL can not make an inside connecting room for you, it just does not exist. They won't cut a hole in a wall for you.

NCL cannot allow more to a balcony cabin than permitted for safety reasons in regard to lifeboats as well as rules of the sea.

Not sure what else to say in regard to this. Maybe.....just Maybe....

if there are connecting rooms available that DO allow 3 to a room and they are occupied by those that don't need the connecting room NCL MIGHT be able to contact those occupying those rooms and ask if they'd be willing to be moved for a family that needs connecting rooms. But again, that would be up to the present occupying guests.

Harriet

Thank you. that is good information...

I am hoping they can allow the 3rd person into the connecting balcony for 2 people. My youngest could sleep on a trundle or even on the floor. Then they could make a different balcony room that is available for 3 people and change it to only allow for 2 people. Then there are no extra passengers. Nor are they out any money.... Does that make sense? It might be a long shot....

As far as the connecting inside rooms.... I understand the boat does not have these. I understand that is no longer an option.

I have a 14 year old boy. We want him in the same room as us. I have 2, 18 year olds and a 16 year old. Not sure if I trust the 16 and 18 year old in their own room. They might get up to no good. They are goo kids but I know boys will be boys and when the cat is away the mice will play. The 17 year old is a special needs kid. I don't want to go into to many details. But he really needs to be close to us.

Besides all of that. We feel it is funner and more enjoyable to have connecting rooms. I understand some other people may not like that. But that is how we like it. That is what we thought we paid for. That is what we told we paid for. I spent $9k dollars. I would like to get what we wanted for that much money.

I am hoping they can allow the 3rd person into the connecting balcony for 2 people.

So if they allow that and there is an emergency are you willing to leave the 3rd person onboard when everyone else is in lifeboats.....since there won't be room in the lifeboat for him?

Harriet

No, the OP accidentally posted this on the Carnival page, realized his mistake and then posted the same here. Then HE asked the Carnival moderators to remove the other. They moved it to the NCL page, and the NCL moderators have since removed it as being a double.

The OP posted his mistake on the first page. Your faith should be all good now. ;)

He hasn't mentioned suite perks, or any type of compensation. He is disappointed in the poor quality customer service he received and the run-around he feels he got while trying to repeatedly solve a problem that was not his fault. He even offered to pay half the cost of an upgrade that would accommodate his family in the manner in which he wanted to begin with. I think he's been more than fair. It's a shame he has had to deal with this for over three weeks before at last getting someone capable of resolution looking at the problem.

Yes. Thank you. The moderators combined the threads at my request. There were already comments on both threads.

It just seems to me that you are asking for something they cannot give and that is $5k compensation which is what splitting the cost of a suite would be...no way no how and I would be disappointed in NCL if they did that. As well they cannot for safety reasons put a 3rd person in a 2 person cabin, they are really not going to give you bedding to put on the floor every night, they don't have pullout beds, they can't make special arrangements for a 2nd lifeboat in an emergency. You keep insisting on what doesn't seem possible, and should concentrate on how and what you can manage with. That is a lot of kids, and it's too bad you can't trust the boys, but adjacent seems like it could work out.

I am hoping they can allow the 3rd person into the connecting balcony for 2 people.

So if they allow that and there is an emergency are you willing to leave the 3rd person onboard when everyone else is in lifeboats.....since there won't be room in the lifeboat for him?

Harriet

Of course not... But I really don't understand that. They have balcony rooms that hold 2 people and 3 people. They can let me put 3 people in a balcony room made for 2 people. Then they can take a balcony room made for 3 people but only allow 2 people to stay in it. Almost like I traded rooms with them. So there are no extra people on the ship. Did that make sense now? Sorry it makes sense in my head.... LOL.

It just seems to me that you are asking for something they cannot give and that is $5k compensation which is what splitting the cost of a suite would be...no way no how and I would be disappointed in NCL if they did that. As well they cannot for safety reasons put a 3rd person in a 2 person cabin, they are really not going to give you bedding to put on the floor every night, they don't have pullout beds, they can't make special arrangements for a 2nd lifeboat in an emergency. You keep insisting on what doesn't seem possible, and should concentrate on how and what you can manage with. That is a lot of kids, and it's too bad you can't trust the boys, but adjacent seems like it could work out.

I agree.... And that is probably how it will turn out.

But put yourself in my place. We like to have connecting rooms with our kids. Maybe you do not and I am ok with that. But we do. No need for anyone to argue that with me (not saying you are). That is what we like. It is important to us. Everyone is different. You dont have to understand it. But that is what we like. We paid $9k understanding we had connecting rooms. Now we don't. I feel that I paid for something I did not get. Sure I will make do and have a good time but that doesn't make it right.

Why are so many people stuck on the suite thing? All the OP wanted was connecting rooms. He was given the wrong info and discovered the truth too late. Regardless of what happened it should not take 3 weeks of calling to try to get in contact with someone in NCL who said they would call him back.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I agree. I didn't want to have to defend myself. I hate when these threads turn bad. I will ask the moderators to close it. Thank You.

If they do close it, please post a new thread letting us know how it was resolved. A few of us are on your side. :)

Good Luck!

Why are so many people stuck on the suite thing? All the OP wanted was connecting rooms. He was given the wrong info and discovered the truth too late. Regardless of what happened it should not take 3 weeks of calling to try to get in contact with someone in NCL who said they would call him back.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Yes. Thank you. I never asked for a suite. The NCL supervisor brought up the suite.

Yes. It should not have taken 3 weeks to resolve this. The new NCL supervisor (Chris) that called me seems much politer, more understanding and he returns my calls. It seems that he is a good customer service supervisor. I think I just had a bad experience with Brenda (the original customer service supervisor). Hopefully there are not any others like her at NCL.

If they do close it, please post a new thread letting us know how it was resolved. A few of us are on your side. :)

Good Luck!

Yes.... I will. I really appreciate the support and the help. Someday hopefully I can pay it forward to others.

Archived