Best Western Marina Inn Experience

sblahars

A while back, I was asking opinions on the above mentioned hotel. All signs pointed to "stay away"...of course i didn't listen. I stayed there last week...i wish I would have listened.

I will say that it was convenient shuttle service and location...but aside from that...what a dive.

The lobby area is somewhat nice, but that is it. The rooms are ridiculously old, worn, mismatched. The beds sag terribly, there were tiny little ants EVERYWHERE, and there was about a 3/4 inch gap beneath the door.

The restaurant food wasn't "terrible", but the chicken was nothing special, the vegetables look amazingly what I make at home when I open the frozen Green Giant or Bird's Eye bag of california mix. They give a coupon for 10% off at the desk at check-in, and the waitress seemed to have no idea where it came from.

They give you a voucher for a free express breakfast. The express breakfast consited of a danish (clearly cut from a store bought danish) or muffin, and...I'm serious about this, I don't know if I have a picture to prove it, but I am complete honest when I say that the orange juice was in a shot glass...i collect shot glasses (well, I used to until I got married), so I know a shot glass...and that is the amount of orange juice they gave...

It was neat to open the window and see the cruise ship there...but I wish I had taken the advice from this board and not stayed there.

pretty much echos our experience with best westerns in general.. there is NO consistency in the quality of the properties in this chain.. and you are more likely to find an experience like this than a good one.. made the mistake of staying at the best western westshore hotel in tampa a couple yrs back and had pretty much this same experience.. that did it for us and best western, no more~!!

I tend to agree with you on Best Westerns. But in this case we're there such a short time - just one nite, and coming in late - I'm willling to take the chance. I'll let everyone know what I thought when I get back.

Lynn

Run, don't walk, from the BW Marina! We stayed there last year.:mad: The view is fantastic - watched the Caribbean Princess dock in the morning - but that is the only good thing about this place. We left our comment card and emailed BW customer service about the deplorable condition of this place - no response:mad: . Guess they don't care. Debbie

gunnywife,

We have stayed at the Best Western Sunrise in San Pedro. It was okay. It is kind of dark, but seemed clean when we were there, and was in close walking distance to the Ports of Call village. We had dinner at the Acapulco restaurant, and it was very good, and we sat on the patio and waved to the ship leaving the night before ours. I wouldn't be walking around real late, but early-ish was okay. The staff was friendly, and they did have a shuttle to the ship..............and we walked over to the village for breakfast at a pancake place..........and to browse the shops. It gave us something to do while we were waiting for time to go to the ship.

You'll be fine...................and the ship will look five times as good!!! :)

Archived