Shoe choices for cave tubing?

epwv82

This isn't exactly specific to cave tubing, but for any port of call that will require walking on wet surfaces and require more than flip flops. We do have cave tubing booked in Belize though, so I need to know what kind of shoe would be best. Apparently we'll have to trek through the forest and I don't think my flip flops will quite cut it. I don't want to spend a ton on something, because when I go back to reality, I'm not an outdoorsy girl and will probably never need these. Or if I can find something that's dual purpose, I'll spend more. Anyone have any recommendations? For the record, I'm 31 and female, and the look does matter :)

I LOVE my Keen Whisper sport sandals. Keep my feet from getting hot, extremely comfortable, non slip on water surfaces (supposed to work great climbing a waterfall), plenty of support and look cute.

Just google them. I tried them for size at local sport shop and then ordered a discontinued color off amazon to get it almost 1/2.

I've been using a cheap pair of water shoes I got a few years ago at one of the *-Mart stores. They did great for cave tubing and every other excursion where I didn't want to wear regular sneakers. They are easy to rinse off, dry fairly quickly, and have small holes in the bottom for water to drain out.

John

We bought Lands End water shoes on clearance ($50 shoes for $15) before our first cruise 10 years ago. They have been in the Belize rain forest 3 times and numerous other places where I needed more than flip flops. I just wash them when we get home and store them with our snorkel gear so they are ready to go for the next trip!