Single adult purchase for RCI drinks package?

Esilef

Has anyone sailing in Australia managed to get the royal Caribbean premium drinks package for just 1 adult in the cabin rather than the required all adults in the cabin?

i read that you have to buy it for 2 people in the cabin and thats $110 per day on booze, if you dont drink a lot not really worth it

i read that you have to buy it for 2 people in the cabin and thats $110 per day on booze, if you dont drink a lot not really worth it

I heard that when you get on board you can ask the guest services if just one of you in the room can buy the package. If there is a doctors note explaining why the second one can't drink then they will allow only 1 person in the cabin to buy.

Not sure if thus applies here?

With an over active autistic 4 year old I can't allow myself to enjoy too many drinks but that doesn't mean my husband must also suffer.

I heard that when you get on board you can ask the guest services if just one of you in the room can buy the package. If there is a doctors note explaining why the second one can't drink then they will allow only 1 person in the cabin to buy.

Not sure if thus applies here?

With an over active autistic 4 year old I can't allow myself to enjoy too many drinks but that doesn't mean my husband must also suffer.

If you wait until you board there are drink package sales tables set up and I am pretty sure that some of the sales people would sell you just 1 package.

My experience on the VOS, I went to the table asked for the premium drinks package and the nice girl signed me up! I then said both of us want it and she said OK sir so she added the other card to the contract, I signed and she put stickers on both cruise cards. I am sure she would have just sold me the one package but that may have changed once the Beverage manager got the contract copies?

With the Medical letter (Because there are so few) there is a possibility that those people may be listed or stickered and therefore may be stopped from consuming "any alcohol" onboard due to liabilities.

In all honesty its very hard to consume the drink package price anyway even if drinking premium top shelf.

We cancelled our package on day 5 of a 14 nighter because we were just drinking way too much and it spoilt the cruise experience we were used to.

Not sure if they allow cancellations now but the Beverage manager said we were the first to ever cancel the drinks package and found it quit humerus but fully understood why.

We very quickly met in the first 4 nights many many people with the package because everyone with the package was drinking so much or more than normal because it is natural to chase the $55 per day. Towards the end of the cruise we spoke to some who wished they had cancelled because one had stopped drinking while the other continued which was a recipe for disaster in a relationship confined on a cruise ship;)

One other couple on our cruise also cancelled later in the cruise because the guy had a bad flu and beverage manager agreed to cancel but insisted on both being cancelled.

Unless you are a very heavy drinker the package will work out much more expensive than buying drinks. We continued to drink at our normal cruise rate and spent less than half the total package price.

My first beer on a cruise is usually around 11-11.30am and last between 12 and 3 am I still kept drinking even after cancellation but never got drunk, with the package we were both drunk for 4 straight nights even though we didnt intend to get drunk, we decided on the package for both convenience and choice of better drinks we would not usiuslly get without having to check how much we were spending on our card. But we got drunk anyway:D:D:D

Archived