Paying NCL through their website (issues)

CactusFlower527

I noticed the other day that the page for making payments on your NCL cruise account has changed since the last time I made one (early Sept?) .

Now we have a slight problem. The cruise was booked in my name. My brother (who lives at his own address) is going along on the same itinerary, has sailed NCL before, and has his own account, attempted (twice over a 2-3 day period) to make a payment (using is Visa Debit card) on his part of the cruise, through HIS NCL account. It was a relatively small payment ($250) - and although he gets the confirmation screen, the payment never goes through, never gets posted to our cruise account, NOR does it show debited from his bank account... not even PENDING. Has anyone else had this problem? I made a small payment today using my NCL credit card and it went through fine.. posted to the Cruise account AND is a pending charge on the credit card. I guess there is no way anyone on here would 'know' or is psychic enough to guess what's going on here. He knows that this does not exceed the debit cards transaction limit. So we're trying to figure out, call NCL? call the bank ? has anyone else had this problem - mainly while trying to pay on a cruise that is booked under someone else's name? :confused:

Did he try making a payment through your account since the cruise was booked in your name? That might be the problem.

No, it's through his account, but his has the reservation number attached to it.

To add to this confusion, a 3rd person going with us also has her NCL account with "my" reservation # attached to it (same deal as my brother) and she has been able to make payments through her account. They are posting/crediting just fine (Far as I can tell) ...she has not made a payment since Sept 13. She has not had to use my account/log in for the payments to go through or post.

Just wondering if something with their payment site has changed ...

its gonna be a pain in the tush if everyone has to come through me and my account to make a payment... I really did not want to be the one responsible for making payments on 3 other people's part of the cruise, but I guess if I have to?

Yes, that can definitely be a pain! There seems to be a problem with his own account since the 3rd person is not having that issue. Either with his bank is not authorizing the payment or their is a problem with NCL payment center. He could always call and make a payment over the phone or at least they could help resolve the issue for him.

I tried several times before our final payment to make payments on the NCL website....

Not one payment went through so I gave up and we just called in the payments.

I made the reservation under my name but my Mom is also sailing with me. She was able to call in her payments, she just needed the reservation number, my home address and then she was able to make payments for her part with her debit or credit card.

I hope this helps!

I tried several times before our final payment to make payments on the NCL website....

Not one payment went through so I gave up and we just called in the payments.

I made the reservation under my name but my Mom is also sailing with me. She was able to call in her payments, she just needed the reservation number, my home address and then she was able to make payments for her part with her debit or credit card.

I hope this helps!

thanks for the info.. must be either a glitch or new way of of them taking payments nowadays....

I noticed the other day that the page for making payments on your NCL cruise account has changed since the last time I made one (early Sept?) .

Now we have a slight problem. The cruise was booked in my name. My brother (who lives at his own address) is going along on the same itinerary, has sailed NCL before, and has his own account, attempted (twice over a 2-3 day period) to make a payment (using is Visa Debit card) on his part of the cruise, through HIS NCL account. It was a relatively small payment ($250) - and although he gets the confirmation screen, the payment never goes through, never gets posted to our cruise account, NOR does it show debited from his bank account... not even PENDING. Has anyone else had this problem? I made a small payment today using my NCL credit card and it went through fine.. posted to the Cruise account AND is a pending charge on the credit card. I guess there is no way anyone on here would 'know' or is psychic enough to guess what's going on here. He knows that this does not exceed the debit cards transaction limit. So we're trying to figure out, call NCL? call the bank ? has anyone else had this problem - mainly while trying to pay on a cruise that is booked under someone else's name? :confused:

It may be using a Debit Card instead of a credit card. Don't you have to use a PIN number on a debit card.

I noticed yesterday that NCL site in general was acting funny. Maybe they are doing an update to the site.

I wasn't trying to make a payment but couldn't see excursion details when logged into my reservation. But I could see them when just as guest.

Archived