Royal Caribbean extra charges beware

YIKES....

This new website is nuts.

They should fire all their IT people....

You never, never change a website until the

bugs are worked out....offline...on a test site.

Bon Voyage.

:eek:

There were problems when they rolled out the current site, also. It still has inherent flaws that make it less than user friendly and annoying at times.

On the original concern of this thread... I just checked on my two rapidly approaching cruises. Both still show Paid in Full.

We also have an outstanding balance now of $4.90. I called and the RCI person said that it showed zero on his side. He sent me an updated confirmation showing the zero balance.

My outstanding balance is the same as yours. I got the same response from the RCI rep. I think the difference is the new gratuity amount. I booked before gratuities increased.

Royal made it very clear that they were upgrading their pricing systems this weekend. So why would you freak out that there are issues when the weekend is still ongoing?

Why don't you wait until tomorrow and then have them send you a final invoice?

Royal 's own cruise insurance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

This is not accurate. Cruise Care is an insurance product offered by all major cruise lines through Berkley Insurance. Similar to shore excursions, Royal is the seller, but not the owner of the product. They are just the middleman.

In my reservation accessed online I can't find where my amount paid is shown . Can someone please tell me where I can find it?

If you booked through a travel agent, you will not be able to see the pricing. That might be a good thing today;). Ask your TA to check in a day or two.

Could they have added the optional trip insurance to your reservation by mistake? When I rebooked my latest reservation to take advantage of a weekend deal, they added on the optional insurance that I needed to have remove.

[quote name='TwoTravelin']I would certainly wait a day or two, in particular knowing it was a 3 branded system upgrade.[/QUOTE]Yeah, instead go sign up for Obamacare. ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app Edited by Mark_K

[quote name='cruisnseas']Royal made it very clear that they were upgrading their pricing systems this weekend. So why would you freak out that there are issues when the weekend is still ongoing?

Why don't you wait until tomorrow and then have them send you a final invoice?[/quote]

When i talked to them they said all the upgades were done and the website is all set

[quote name='rocketsurgery']YIKES....

This new website is nuts.

They should fire all their IT people....

You [U]never, never[/U] change a website until the
bugs are worked out....offline...on a test site.

Bon Voyage.

:eek:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm sure all of their IT people were to blame.

I've never worked on a project where we could be sure that all bugs were found.