Royal Caribbean extra charges beware

I just checked my December 7, 2013 cruise On the liberty. Everything is okay with my cruise still a zero balance. I have always booked directly through Royal Caribbean on the phone. Edited by dep

[quote name='rocketsurgery']YIKES....

This new website is nuts.

They should fire all their IT people....

You [U]never, never[/U] change a website until the
bugs are worked out....offline...on a test site.

Bon Voyage.

:eek:[/quote]

How do you know there were sufficient IT people?

Or were they cut back as with the other productivity cuts that RCL have made recently?

I log into my cruises and both my reservations are gone. :eek: We haven't hit final payment but we did book through an online t/a. When I go and do a mock booking for the Independence on March 29th it never gets to the actual pricing or booking so hopefully it will show back up tomorrow.

[quote name='whitshel']I log into my cruises and both my reservations are gone. :eek: We haven't hit final payment but we did book through an online t/a. When I go and do a mock booking for the Independence on March 29th it never gets to the actual pricing or booking so hopefully it will show back up tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Both of mine are gone as well but there is an error message stating they are unable to access my reservations at this time. Ours are paid in full, I will check again tomorrow morning.

I was planning on making a partial payment on next year's cruise tonight ... But after reading this, I think that might be ill-advised. If they are trouble displaying data that should be already stored in the database, I don't have a comfort level that they are ready to handle updates.

[quote name='cruisnseas']This is not accurate. Cruise Care is an insurance product offered by all major cruise lines through Berkley Insurance. Similar to shore excursions, Royal is the seller, but not the owner of the product. They are just the middleman.[/QUOTE]

Not so, depends on type, please read:
[url]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/vacationProtectionPlan.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=1&snav=10[/url]

Sent from my iPad using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL] Edited by oneputt18

[quote name='oneputt18']Not so, depends on type, please read:
[url]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/vacationProtectionPlan.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=1&snav=10[/url]

Sent from my iPad using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL][/QUOTE]

That link just restates what I said. Unless you are referring to the CruiseCare Cancellation Penalty Waiver Program which is just an added benefit for those that buy Cruise Care. The actual Cruise Care is offered by Berkley (Stonebridge).

[quote name='cruisnseas']That link just restates what I said. Unless you are referring to the CruiseCare Cancellation Penalty Waiver Program which is just an added benefit for those that buy Cruise Care. The actual Cruise Care is offered by Berkley (Stonebridge).[/QUOTE]

My answer to your nitpicking, have a nice evening.

Sent from my iPad using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]

[quote name='oneputt18']My answer to your nitpicking, have a nice evening.

Sent from my iPad using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL][/QUOTE]

I know it seems little to you, but as someone that worked for the company it makes a huge difference. I cannot tell you the things people expect Royal to do because they are misinformed and think Royal "owns" the insurance. They expected us to change the reimbursement offers, to alter the policy, etc.

It is a very important difference to understand that the policy is NOT Royals insurance but rather the policy that Royal offers via Berkley (Stoneridge)

Our reservation which has been paid in full for several months now shows a $7.00 balance. The balance still shows this morning. I called RCI and they show it as paid in full.

The difference is the prepaid gratuities. When I made the reservation (and paid for it) the gratuities are at the 'old' rate. They show up now at the 'new' rate which gives a balance due of $7. :o

I just got notified that they don't even show that I paid my deposit
Thank god for a visa reciet That would have made it over 1,500 that they do not show
This is not a good start for their new system.

[quote name='elstyne']I just got notified that they don't even show that I paid my deposit
Thank god for a visa reciet That would have made it over 1,500 that they do not show
This is not a good start for their new system.[/QUOTE]

good thing to keep receipts.:eek::eek::eek:

[quote name='rocketsurgery']More charges appear when online booking.
[IMG]http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag86/maxxedout21/rylskrew2_zps150048d5.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Anyone have an idea as to what these "Other Options" they are now displaying in the cost of a cruise?

Smile and breath deeply - and then call RCL. We also showed a balance due after they did the update (although we had paid in full before the weekend). I contacted RCL and very politely and nicely explained my concern to the service representative. This gal was very pleasant in return and explained that it appears we were charged the "updated" gratuities rate when the upgrade was completed. She put me on hold for a few minutes and spoke with a supervisor who made the correction. A little patience, a lot of politeness, about 10 minutes total of my time, and my $4.90 balance due disappeared. Good luck and smile!!!

[quote name='familycruiser01']Smile and breath deeply - and then call RCL. We also showed a balance due after they did the update (although we had paid in full before the weekend). I contacted RCL and very politely and nicely explained my concern to the service representative. This gal was very pleasant in return and explained that it appears we were charged the "updated" gratuities rate when the upgrade was completed. She put me on hold for a few minutes and spoke with a supervisor who made the correction. A little patience, a lot of politeness, about 10 minutes total of my time, and my $4.90 balance due disappeared. Good luck and smile!!![/QUOTE]

the RCCL do try very hard to keep things on an even keel.

[SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Yesterday I paid off my cruise. The $4.90 is still on the web site. The person from the crown and Anchor society explained it is a glitch in their newly updated system and said it would take a bit if time for it to be corrected. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[CENTER][quote name='lvstitch']I paid the $4.90, for 2 two days it showed I had a zero balance. When I checked this morning the $4.90 balance was back. :([/quote][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Has your issue been resolved yet? Funny had the same $4.90 added to our reservation...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[quote name='estoyer'][CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Has your issue been resolved yet? Funny had the same $4.90 added to our reservation...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Nope it's still there and with the breakdown of charges the math doesn't even work out. At least with the first charge it added up. When I called RCI they said they show an over payment of $4.90. :rolleyes: