Jewel of the Seas 10-19...Just Returned

theOSU1

I wanted to note the type of persons on the cruise and the culture. (please -there is no need to flame me here- as this is just my observations) 1) It is beyond me why "persons of large structure" cruise and believe me this cruise had some large structures. Maybe I'm missing something but seeing this can really be hard on the eyes.

This is just my observation: I think your comment about why "persons of large structures" would cruise, and that seeing this can be really hard on the eyes is very rude. It is the equivalent of someone saying that seeing you and your "partner" cruising together is hard on the eyes. Not nice!

Bill,

What itinerary were you on?

I do not believe we are going to hear from the OP. He must feel we are all of "large structure" and does not want to converse with any.

I do not think I would take any validity in any review he would write anyhow with that outlook.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Bill,

What itinerary were you on?

We went to St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados.

For the other person that asked the Solarium snack bar opened at 2:30 and stayed open pretty late (I don't remember how late though, we stopped at the Sea View Café later in the evening).

HTH

I like how this guy has disappeared after being called on his "people of large structure" comment. I like how he was so quick to judge people weight and not want anyone to be offended, but I guarantee if someone wrote a similar review talking about how "people of homosexual orientation are hard on the eyes" he would be the first person in line ripping that person for hate comments.

For the record, for everyone reading this thread. We are all here because we love cruising, and it is wrong for anyone, based on their looks, sexual preferences, or any other qualifier of their individuality should be allowed to enjoy a cruise like anyone else and not be judged by guys like this.

theOSU1, stay off these boards unless you can be kind to all. I recommend you come back on here and apologize for your comments.

I hope everyone enjoys their next cruise!

This is just my observation: I think your comment about why "persons of large structures" would cruise, and that seeing this can be really hard on the eyes is very rude. It is the equivalent of someone saying that seeing you and your "partner" cruising together is hard on the eyes. Not nice!

I do not believe we are going to hear from the OP. He must feel we are all of "large structure" and does not want to converse with any.

I do not think I would take any validity in any review he would write anyhow with that outlook.

I absolutely love reviews and jump on new ones quickly, especially those that relate to an upcoming sailing I have booked. However, this one has been spoiled for me by the insensitive nature of the OP. I also like to link pertinent reviews to my Roll Calls so that more people can enjoy them. Not this one. Too bad...... I will be getting my review fix elsewhere.

Unsubscribing.........

I like how this guy has disappeared after being called on his "people of large structure" comment. I like how he was so quick to judge people weight and not want anyone to be offended, but I guarantee if someone wrote a similar review talking about how "people of homosexual orientation are hard on the eyes" he would be the first person in line ripping that person for hate comments.

For the record, for everyone reading this thread. We are all here because we love cruising, and it is wrong for anyone, based on their looks, sexual preferences, or any other qualifier of their individuality should be allowed to enjoy a cruise like anyone else and not be judged by guys like this.

theOSU1, stay off these boards unless you can be kind to all. I recommend you come back on here and apologize for your comments.

Thank you for your observation and comments. I was hesitant to post the same myself as I wasn't sure anyone picked up my original explaination of the original posters "partner" referance. I have to agree with you and as I stated we will not hear from the OP but I am sure both he and his partner are reading and following this thread.

Don't you wish we were all as perfect as the OP?

I absolutely love reviews and jump on new ones quickly, especially those that relate to an upcoming sailing I have booked. However, this one has been spoiled for me by the insensitive nature of the OP. I also like to link pertinent reviews to my Roll Calls so that more people can enjoy them. Not this one. Too bad...... I will be getting my review fix elsewhere.

Unsubscribing.........

Same here. I am sailing on the Jewel in a few weeks, and got excited to see there was a review on a recent sailing. :( I'll keep checking for others.

I couldn't agree more. One of the best part of cruising is the diversity of the passengers. I would hate to miss out on a wonderful friendship becuae of a ridiculous bias.

It's too bad. I was really looking forward to his review; at first.:(

I wanted to note the type of persons on the cruise and the culture. (please -there is no need to flame me here- as this is just my observations) 1) It is beyond me why "persons of large structure" cruise and believe me this cruise had some large structures. Maybe I'm missing something but seeing this can really be hard on the eyes.

Sir, you have offended so many people with such a comment. I don't recall there being any type of weight limit to cruising. Buddy, people enjoy cruising and have paid good money to do so. Money doesn't have a weight limit. It doesn't say you have to be of a certain "structure" to spend it. Why you would put something like that in a review about people who are also enjoying a cruise is so far beyond me, it was not even worthy of me reading. Anyone who has the audacity to post such garbage has no right to even be on cruise critic.

And since I'm on a roll, many people have a problem with those who partake in same sex relationships. I don't recall ANYONE saying anything about that in any review. I have friends who are of "Large Structure" who are some of the most beautiful, loving, caring, and non-judgemental people.

Many people were enjoying your review until you became a jerk at the end and decided to let your mouth write a check for something your behind cannot cash. In the future, I would really encourage you to only focus on the cruise as a whole in your reviews. Leave your fellow passengers out of it since you can't seem to play nice with them. You have some of your fellow passengers reading your review, and you possibly could have hurt some of their feelings to know that there was a jack*** like you sailing with them.

Signed,

KMA

I couldn't agree more. One of the best part of cruising is the diversity of the passengers. I would hate to miss out on a wonderful friendship becuae of a ridiculous bias.

It's too bad. I was really looking forward to his review; at first.:(

His review is not even worth reading. I cannot believe the garbage he wrote about his fellow passengers. It's absolutely asinine.

I've heard wonderful things about the Jewel. I've always loved RCCL no matter what ship it was. I'm sailing on the Jewel in less than a month, and I couldn't be more excited. I'm going to post a review about her in the same forum as this guy did. The difference will be I won't talk badly about my fellow passengers.

Look out for it.

Thank you for your observation and comments. I was hesitant to post the same myself as I wasn't sure anyone picked up my original explaination of the original posters "partner" referance. I have to agree with you and as I stated we will not hear from the OP but I am sure both he and his partner are reading and following this thread.

Don't you wish we were all as perfect as the OP?

He must think he's perfect in his own right. It's like someone else told him. As he keeps living, he's life is going to catch up with him.

I think when Brett say "people of large structures" he mean all of y'all because these ships is mega large structures big big and then y'all get on the ships (which we already determined to be large structured) which make all of y'all large structured as long as y'all stays on the ships. So why y'all be hating. And if he got a little man that ain't nobody's business.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

His review is not even worth reading. I cannot believe the garbage he wrote about his fellow passengers. It's absolutely asinine.

I've heard wonderful things about the Jewel. I've always loved RCCL no matter what ship it was. I'm sailing on the Jewel in less than a month, and I couldn't be more excited. I'm going to post a review about her in the same forum as this guy did. The difference will be I won't talk badly about my fellow passengers.

Look out for it.

Thanks TnomadX. I'll be looking forward to reading your review.:)

I think when Brett say "people of large structures" he mean all of y'all because these ships is mega large structures big big and then y'all get on the ships (which we already determined to be large structured) which make all of y'all large structured as long as y'all stays on the ships. So why y'all be hating. And if he got a little man that ain't nobody's business.

No offense but I don't have a clue what you just said.

Can you post menus please?
I did not get any pictures of the menus, but they were standard Royal menus, (but no escargot). The bread selection was good, but did not change each night like it used to. (They did have "savory bites" every night!)

Don't worry about what he said. He's trying to get attention and he is not worthy of us entertaining his comments.

Thanks. for a minute, I thought it was me.

Looks like Jackbasset and Dr. Goodthrust are the same people.

Edited by jt1120