Email says, "Last Chance, Sale Ends Sunday!

NoName

Email from Carnival says, "Last Chance, Sale Ends Sunday!"

I said, "Thank goodness! I have been waiting for this sale to end so I can book!" I wonder how many people actually booked during this "sale"?

Kim

And my response is, "Yeah, right!".

It will probably be extended like most sales are.

I said, "Thank goodness! I have been waiting for this sale to end so I can book!" I wonder how many people actually booked during this "sale"?

Kim

I booked during this "sale". I don't see why not. If the prices go down next week, I can always get an adjustment. Is there a benefit for waiting for this sale to end to book? What if the prices do go up? There was a price drop on my next cruise during the sale.

I booked during this "sale". I don't see why not. If the prices go down next week, I can always get an adjustment. Is there a benefit for waiting for this sale to end to book? What if the prices do go up? There was a price drop on my next cruise during the sale.

I think some people are waiting for the sale to end so that Early Saver might come back on the cruise they want to book.

I think some people are waiting for the sale to end so that Early Saver might come back on the cruise they want to book.

Totally understand that. However, you can always switch from one rate to another. Why not book the cruise now and switch over to Early Saver when it's available? Is there a benefit to waiting?

The night before the sale, I debated with myself over booking....decided to hold off. The next day, the "sale" started and my priced for the cabin went up about $200.00. That is not a sale.......

Yes. It is not a sale. However, is there a benefit to waiting until the sale is over? If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't book either since I would feel deceived. However, I don't see a benefit of waiting if there is a cruise that you are planning already.

I'm having the same problem with Carnival stock price. I was really considering it at $31 something earlier this month. I was researching to see what is the best way to buy. At $34 now, I wouldn't buy simply because I "could have" bought it $3 cheaper.

We booked because we wanted a 6 k room and there was only one left so we booked.... Got 200 obc so I'm cool with what I paid

Hey there fellow 6Ker. lol. We did the same thing. Booked the last 6K available and got the $200 OBC. I'm fine with that cause I reallllllly wanted a 6k or 6J.

The email should instead say something like "offer ends tomorrow." The website doesn't say sale anyway. It's a promotional offer. I say if you're particular about the cabin or category you want and it's available, book it. The prices may just go up or this national vacation month stuff extended. Never can predict with Carnival.

Yes. It is not a sale. However, is there a benefit to waiting until the sale is over? If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't book either since I would feel deceived. However, I don't see a benefit of waiting if there is a cruise that you are planning already.

I'm having the same problem with Carnival stock price. I was really considering it at $31 something earlier this month. I was researching to see what is the best way to buy. At $34 now, I wouldn't buy simply because I "could have" bought it $3 cheaper.

If you just booked during the sale and got OBC and the sale ends tonight and regular rates come back with no OBC's being offered you will lose your OBC if you put in for a price drop.

Bill

Kim

We were going to wait because prices are sure to go down, however saw that there was only 1 aft wrap left on a cruise we were looking at so went ahead and got it. :)

Happy with our decision, we've been wanting this cabin for some time.

I really don't care which ship or any special date.....looking to get out of the cold at the best possible price. Not going to book during a "sale" when the prices are higher.....I will wait for a price drop. If no immediate price drop, may just decide to book last minute.

This is my 2nd cruise within in just a couple of months....the mighty dollar is talking.

If you just booked during the sale and got OBC and the sale ends tonight and regular rates come back with no OBC's being offered you will lose your OBC if you put in for a price drop.

Bill

If a price drop covers the OBC per person, do you get to keep the OBC? In other words if you have a cabin booked for $800 and the price drops to $600, am I correct in saying the actual price for your cabin (assuming we're going with the current promotion - $100 obc pp) is $700? In this case would you get the $100 drop and keep the OBC as well? I'm so confused right now!:confused: sorry.

Kim

if I had $1 for every time their sale was supposed to end but didn't, Id have another cruise paid for!:p

hoping it does end. would like to switch to early saver

Hey there fellow 6Ker. lol. We did the same thing. Booked the last 6K available and got the $200 OBC. I'm fine with that cause I reallllllly wanted a 6k or 6J.

The email should instead say something like "offer ends tomorrow." The website doesn't say sale anyway. It's a promotional offer. I say if you're particular about the cabin or category you want and it's available, book it. The prices may just go up or this national vacation month stuff extended. Never can predict with Carnival.

LAUGHING!! Theres like a whole club of us! I also booked for the ever elusive 6K! There are just 2 of them on the boat...lol, I wanted one!

I booked one cruise during the sale (I was already on a cruise) so I could take advantage of the extra OBC, but plan to book another tomorrow. I currently have it on Courtesy Hold so I can either go with the price I already have or *fingers crossed* the price will drop after the "sale".

I called and asked the Carnival rep who I spoke to if I could book on board and get both on board credits and he said NO! You cannot get both.

I figured if I called back I would get a different answer. Found out later that a friend booked a future cruise on board and when she booked the sale she got both!

Edited by dixieva

I messed up by not booking before the sale ended. Now if I book the same room with early saver, the room is $40 cheaper BUT NO $150 OBC. Waiting just cost me $140. Just have to wait and see if they offer another sale with on board credit.

Upgraded my oceanview to a balcony for $485 with $200 OBC a few days ago under the Cruise Vacation Month Sale. It looks like the the sale has ended and the prices have dropped by $170 (with no OBC) but I'm still ahead with the OBC.

Edited by Rirruto