Email says, "Last Chance, Sale Ends Sunday!

NoName

What is a 6K room?? :)

This thread has pics of both 6J and 6K. 6J are the ones in the middle with one huge picture window (220sq. ft). 6Ks are on the ends right next to the captain’s suites (320 sq. ft). On the ships that have them, they are on Lido Deck 9. There are 4 6Js and two 6Ks.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1584845&highlight=scenic+oceanview+6j

Edited by cruizinisthebest

i booked with the sale. originally going to go to cancun with family but it ended up to be too much money. decided on another cruise, and saw sale going on. i booked two connecting rooms on the pride during spring break. i had to do it as soon as possible because i wanted one of the six set of connecting rooms that are a balcony connected to an interior. i got the last one. i liked the sale because of the obc. i will receive $200 obc per room for the sale, and i have two future cruise vouchers that i had to use which will give me another $100 per room obc. total obc $600. after seeing this thread i checked the new rates with early saver rates. on the 8J balcony the new rate is $100 cheaper for the cabin. so with the sale and $200 obc i still am $100 better for the cabin with the sale. and with the 4B interior cabin the new early saver fare is only $65 cheaper than what i booked with the sale. so with the $200 obc i am still ahead by $135 with that cabin. so with the sale i saved $235 over the early saver rate. even though some people might say that the savings is in obc and not straight off the rate it doesn't matter to me because i will spend every last dime of the $600 obc and if i don't carnival will give me a check at the end of the cruise for the remaining obc i didn't use. so the sale is not a bad thing for everyone:D

The cruise I was looking at has now gone up $50 and does not have the $150 obc. The price had gone up while I was on a cruise last week, so I held off, thinking it may come back down. But now it is up another $200. Should have pulled the trigger.

I booked during the Cruise Vacation Month sale, so I had $200 OBC. I just switched to early saver. If we had stayed in the same cabin it would have been a wash. I would have lost the $200 OBC, but the prices was $200 less. But I got early saver. We went ahead and upgraded to an Ocean Suite though from a Junior Suite. So, we lost the $200 OBC, but the Ocean Suite was actually cheaper than the Junior Suite was with the previous sale. So, it really didn't cost that much to upgrade! Now we have the price protection!

i booked with the sale. originally going to go to cancun with family but it ended up to be too much money. decided on another cruise, and saw sale going on. i booked two connecting rooms on the pride during spring break. i had to do it as soon as possible because i wanted one of the six set of connecting rooms that are a balcony connected to an interior. i got the last one. i liked the sale because of the obc. i will receive $200 obc per room for the sale, and i have two future cruise vouchers that i had to use which will give me another $100 per room obc. total obc $600. after seeing this thread i checked the new rates with early saver rates. on the 8J balcony the new rate is $100 cheaper for the cabin. so with the sale and $200 obc i still am $100 better for the cabin with the sale. and with the 4B interior cabin the new early saver fare is only $65 cheaper than what i booked with the sale. so with the $200 obc i am still ahead by $135 with that cabin. so with the sale i saved $235 over the early saver rate. even though some people might say that the savings is in obc and not straight off the rate it doesn't matter to me because i will spend every last dime of the $600 obc and if i don't carnival will give me a check at the end of the cruise for the remaining obc i didn't use. so the sale is not a bad thing for everyone:D

i am sorry i totally messed up my numbers and realized the above info is wrong and was based on per person not per cabin. now i realize what everyone was saying about it not really being a sale when you look at the numbers. i will be the first to admit when i am wrong and i was wrong. :( in the end with the correct math i did save $70 on my interior room so i am still ahead.:D below is the correct math!

i booked the 8J balcony with 2 people

-with the sale the price was 1309 per person and with that you get $200 on board credit. so for the cabin it was $2618 before taxes etc. and $200 obc.

-with the normal early saver it would be $1209 per person and no obc. so it would be $2418 per cabin.

$2618 with sale

-200 obc

________

$2418 which is the same price as early saver buy with the sale you get 1/2 price deposit.

i booked the 4B with 2 people

-with the sale the price was $989 per person and $200 obc. so for the cabin it was $1978 before taxes etc. and $200 obc.

-with early saver it would be $924 per person and no obc, for a total of $1848 per cabin before taxes etc. and no obc

$1978 with sale

-200obc

$1778 adjusted sale price including obc.

$1848 early saver price

-$1778 adjusted sale price which includes the $200 obc

$70 is what i actually saved with the sale on the 4b cabin

the 8J cabin was actually a wash and was the same with the sale and early saver.

so in the end i saved $70 total with the sale and received 1/2 off deposits. but had to book it during the sale to get the connecting cabin i wanted it was the last one of its kind on the sailing.

i was wrong with my earlier post and i am sorry for any confusion. i hope this helps you understand what i was trying to say.:)

Yep - I waited as well. There was only one 4J left on seven, but I still waited. So instead of the *sale* price, $200 OBC plus 50% deposit, I got a price that's $200 less, no OBC, and the 50% deposit. So if I find a cheaper price I won't have to return the OBC I didn't get. It's like having $200 to spend anywhere, instead of on that ship during that week. All in All - just the same. :) Funny how that works. Plus - I HATE giving up my OBC when I find a cheaper price. Now I start watching. :cool:

Yep - I waited as well. There was only one 4J left on seven, but I still waited. So instead of the *sale* price, $200 OBC plus 50% deposit, I got a price that's $200 less, no OBC, and the 50% deposit. So if I find a cheaper price I won't have to return the OBC I didn't get. It's like having $200 to spend anywhere, instead of on that ship during that week. All in All - just the same. :) Funny how that works. Plus - I HATE giving up my OBC when I find a cheaper price. Now I start watching. :cool:

Just an FYI for those that booked with a reduced 50% deposit. If you do any price drops, the balance of the deposit will be due.

There have been a couple of posts in the past where the pax received a price drop and then a few days later their reservation was canceled because they didn't send in the added deposit. That's because no one told them they had to "up" their deposit.

I called and asked the Carnival rep who I spoke to if I could book on board and get both on board credits and he said NO! You cannot get both.

I figured if I called back I would get a different answer. Found out later that a friend booked a future cruise on board and when she booked the sale she got both!

I too booked a future cruise while on onboard during the sale. I did get $100 onboard credit + $200 onboard credit for a total of $300 for a family cruise. I also rec'd 2 certificates that I've passed on to family members so they could take advantage of this too.

The way I look at it is that the rate would have to drop by more than $300 before it would be worth it for me to switch rates. I'm happy! :D

• 4 weeks later...
Just an FYI for those that booked with a reduced 50% deposit. If you do any price drops, the balance of the deposit will be due.

There have been a couple of posts in the past where the pax received a price drop and then a few days later their reservation was canceled because they didn't send in the added deposit. That's because no one told them they had to "up" their deposit.

Mary,

I booked my April 2014 cruise during the 50% deposit sale last September. Yesterday I called Carnival for a price drop (and got it ...YAY!) How would I know if I have to pay more on my deposit? The rep on the phone just told me my new balance due in January.

Mary,

I booked my April 2014 cruise during the 50% deposit sale last September. Yesterday I called Carnival for a price drop (and got it ...YAY!) How would I know if I have to pay more on my deposit? The rep on the phone just told me my new balance due in January.

I am pretty sure that if you read the rules for that promotion it stated that if you were to get price drops then the full deposit would be due immediately.

I am pretty sure that if you read the rules for that promotion it stated that if you were to get price drops then the full deposit would be due immediately.

Thanks for responding. Because of this, I ended up calling Carnival and asking them if I owe them more deposit. She checked and said "no, the price drop was under the same code that I originally booked with and so no additional deposit is necessary." She did also say that the agent should tell you if you need more deposit, but it's always best to ask in case the agent misses that. As soon as you inquire about the deposit, any agent can see exactly if you need to pay more.

(on a side note, this is the second time I called carnival and both times had no wait at all to talk to someone. Last year, I remember being on hold forever any time I called!!)

Wow, I just noticed that you are leaving soon on a b2b2b! What a fabulous trip that will be. Wishing you all the best!

Thanks for responding. Because of this, I ended up calling Carnival and asking them if I owe them more deposit. She checked and said "no, the price drop was under the same code that I originally booked with and so no additional deposit is necessary." She did also say that the agent should tell you if you need more deposit, but it's always best to ask in case the agent misses that. As soon as you inquire about the deposit, any agent can see exactly if you need to pay more.

(on a side note, this is the second time I called carnival and both times had no wait at all to talk to someone. Last year, I remember being on hold forever any time I called!!)

I'm glad this was worked out correctly for you. I had a terrible experience with a similar situation this week. My wife and I were booked in a 4J on the Valor for March 2014, booked with the promotion that offered $250 deposits near the end of October. Last Friday I decided to upgrade to a balcony as a surprise for my wife, since this is our one year anniversary vacation. I called Carnival and the rep upgraded me and gave me my new total. She said nothing about any additional deposit being required (and I really didn't know it would be either), even though she had to change promotions to upgrade.

So imagine my surprise on Thursday when I went online to look at excursions for our cruise and I could not find our cruise on my account. I call Carnival and another rep tells me that my cruise had been cancelled because I failed to pay a deposit. She said she was sorry, but "a letter and email" had been sent out informing me of the deposit requirement. This remains a mystery to me as I have yet to receive either.

They did credit my initial deposit back to my credit card before I even knew I had been cancelled. I really wish they would, in the future, call and ask for the remaining deposit before canceling a cruise like that. I would have happily paid the remaining deposit had I even known about it.

I'm glad this was worked out correctly for you. I had a terrible experience with a similar situation this week. My wife and I were booked in a 4J on the Valor for March 2014, booked with the promotion that offered $250 deposits near the end of October. Last Friday I decided to upgrade to a balcony as a surprise for my wife, since this is our one year anniversary vacation. I called Carnival and the rep upgraded me and gave me my new total. She said nothing about any additional deposit being required (and I really didn't know it would be either), even though she had to change promotions to upgrade.

So imagine my surprise on Thursday when I went online to look at excursions for our cruise and I could not find our cruise on my account. I call Carnival and another rep tells me that my cruise had been cancelled because I failed to pay a deposit. She said she was sorry, but "a letter and email" had been sent out informing me of the deposit requirement. This remains a mystery to me as I have yet to receive either.

They did credit my initial deposit back to my credit card before I even knew I had been cancelled. I really wish they would, in the future, call and ask for the remaining deposit before canceling a cruise like that. I would have happily paid the remaining deposit had I even known about it.

For a company that is trying to improve their image and improve bookings they sure have a funny way of going about things.:confused:

CCL always says they send an email or letter before canceling the booking but the majority of the people getting affected say they never get them.

Why not call the person? For the amount of time a phone call takes they could save themselves a lot of headaches.

Bill

For a company that is trying to improve their image and improve bookings they sure have a funny way of going about things.:confused:

CCL always says they send an email or letter before canceling the booking but the majority of the people getting affected say they never get them.

Why not call the person? For the amount of time a phone call takes they could save themselves a lot of headaches.

Bill

Exactly and that was my frustration in the situation. If they would have called me and told me they were about to cancel my booking I would have quickly pulled out the card and paid them. However I cannot do that with their imaginary emails and letters.

Exactly and that was my frustration in the situation. If they would have called me and told me they were about to cancel my booking I would have quickly pulled out the card and paid them. However I cannot do that with their imaginary emails and letters.

I hear you.

Instead of the 5-10 minute phone call they waste so many man hours with reps and supervisors trying to reinstate the bookings.

I am just the average Joe but I can see this. Why the beards at CCL can't figure it out.

Or maybe they could train the reps a bit better to notify the customer when they refare a cruise.

I do see some post on here where the rep does tell you but not many.

Bill

That's awful! I would have been so upset if that had happened to me. Were you able to rebook your same balcony cabin? As you said, you would think that Carnival would be doing everything they can to keep reservations (AKA you money!) rather than refunding it!

Forget calling you back. They should tell you when you first call for upgrades or to change anything on your reservation that would then require the other 50% of the deposit be paid. It should be easy for IT to put in a flag alert for the rep to see in case they don't remember to check. Come on Carnival!