No more napkin folding!

I have been cruising for a very long time and in particular with Thomson since almost day 1. Consequently I have seen every variation on napkin folding, ice carving and cocktail making demonstrations that's there is to see.:)

If you were the cruise director on a Thomson ship what new entertainment / pool side demonstrations would you introduce to keep things fresh?

I have been cruising for a very long time and in particular with Thomson since almost day 1. Consequently I have seen every variation on napkin folding, ice carving and cocktail making demonstrations that's there is to see.:)

If you were the cruise director on a Thomson ship what new entertainment / pool side demonstrations would you introduce to keep things fresh?

I agree - it is getting tedious now which is why we avoid Lido deck when it is busy!!

I'm like Jules and Linda. I like a quiet relaxing spot too. Tried to remember what went on round pools in hotels I have stayed at and wouldn't encourage water polo, and the like. Lunch time beach BBQ's with dancing went down well though. :eek::rolleyes:

definitely should bring back the lunchtime barbeques with a beach party theme (they did them on destiny once a week)

they do have a lunch barbeque on dream....but its just barbequed food on deck with a dreary cd on a loop

add more commentaries during those stunning early evening sailouts .....thoms you could capitalise on those sunsets and sell a few cocktails ;)

organised treasure hunts ashore....v popular with families in resorts

and

I am still mourning the loss of the captains dance on island escape....ahh, those were the days....when the the staff crew were around and about meeting and mingling most days:cool:

on our last cruise the captain didn’t even turn up for his own gala reception:confused::(

there are some exciting new activities available on some thoms ships

sunbed timing....everytime someone leaves a sunbed 32 wrists go up to check the 45 minute rule

join a conga by the bar......or are they just queues?

join the thoms (elbow) version of the birdy dance at the (late morning breakfast) buffet

become an x factoresque judge in one of the pay per view boothes in the dream showlounge

run a marathon on the dream looking for the blakes/horizons/sky bar

play eye spy something begining with balcony........that wont take long

:D

I loved the classical sailaway from Malta on our recent Spirit cruise .

See how opinions differ - we thought the choice of music was absolutely dire - having expected a party time type repertoire like on other cruises.

I hope Thomsons ain't gonna go all classical and cultural on us !!!

Archived