where to sleep?

Torque, I'm so glad this turned out right for you. This taught me a lesson about what to do if anything really wrong happens when I cruise. The question is are you going to use that TA again, just to get the credit? I don't know if $200 would be worth it. If you do, please be careful and check everything and then after that, don't EVER use them again. Take the money and run.

PS, I don't believe it happened, either. :D:D

My 3 person family was placed in a room that only sleeps 2. there were no larger rooms on the ship. after sleeping on the floor the first night a roll out bed was provided. The blame was put on the travel agent and now that I am home the puck has been passed back to RC. I was offered from RC a 25% credit towards another cruise and assuming the travel agent was going to offer something for their "mistake" I was ok with that...now that it wasn't their mistake according to them I am pretty upset. 25% credit only if I want to book with RC or can afford to...otherwise RC is pretty much getting a free pass on this.

really getting upset waiting for the call back from RC.

Royal should have found you two rooms in the same category and not charge person 3 the single rate and added some more OBC.

2 adults and a 16 year old.... 10677

If I was the 3rd passenger I would REFUSE to sleep on the couch. You can be sure I would be standing in front of the pursuer's desk stating that first of all there is no lifevest for the 3rd passenger. Secondly I did not pay to sleep on some cheap couch or roll away bed. You knew from the start that three people are sailing and you allowed us to book this cabin.

Now you can either find us a connecting room or a suite that fits our party. I don't care if its a room for 4 but you cannot expect a cabin made for 2 to sleep 3. I am going to contact your corporate office or leave the ship if you cannot find comfortable accommodations. If there is another cruise leaving then you need to transfer me on it and pay any changes incurred to my airfare.

Furthermore I would be on the phone with my travel agent and telling them how were you able to book 3 people in a 2 person cabin? You need to work with Royal to rectify it as you are just as much at fault as Royal is. In fact don't you know the deck plans and know the occupancy for each cabin and category?

I would have been pressing this until a resolution was found and no not when I returned home but onboard the ship.

In fact I would have brought this up at the checkin counter telling them that it was not my fault I was booked in a smaller cabin for 3 passengers when its made for 2. What if there was an accident and there was not enough lifevests?

SOLAS requires that all staterooms have the correct number of passengers to lifevests infants are different from a teenager so in reality Royal was also in violation of SOLAS if they could not provide a third lifevest

Edited by travelplus

On our last cruise with my Father we were assigned a triple room for 4 and the first one had no sofa just a single chair. I called Royal before to tell them that we're only 2 and wouldn't need the extra pullman beds and they said that we were on a guarantee and this cabin was selected even if we are 2.

So when I found out there was a small chair instead of the loveseat for two I called down to the desk and told them what happened and I also called my travel agent while we were in port on my cellphone. Luckily we were in New Orleans and I told the manager what happened he told me to go to Guest Services as his computer showed we should have a loveseat.

When I went to the Guest Services an incompetent agent did not even want to go online to see that a loveseat should be in the room nor he did not want to go with me to the room. This single chair is not conductive to watching tv or having room service for two. The couch is nicer than the single chair 2 let alone 4 in a cabin with a small chair meant for a child.

When the agent clearly wasn't being helpful I asked for a supervisor and the supervisor was kind and she remembered me from the Serenade cruise the year before and took ownership of the problem and found us a stateroom even though I was told the ship was sold out. I was firm and polite giving them the benefit of doubt.

Not only was I moved this nice supervisor coordinated our move with our room attendant and we got help moving our bags and I ran up to get new key cards.

When we arrived in our new cabin a bottle of wine along with Chocolate covered strawberries was waiting for us with an apology for the misunderstanding and hassle. I did not ask for compensation just to keep looking for a new stateroom and that was that.

When our stateroom attendant forgot a shirt and it was not lost I spoke with the Guest Services pursuer and he was very sorry and he said there was no excuse for our stateroom attendant to not even return it for 2 days when we reported it missing straight away. He removed the bill for our entire dry cleaning without being asked.

See it pays to be nice and not be demanding.

Edited by travelplus

I do not believe I should have to do my TA's or RC's job. I pay someone to book a cruise for I should not have to check to see if they did their job correctly. However, after this experience my pre-vacation planning will consist of checking and double checking that all parties involved did the job they were paid to do.

also, my first cruise was in 1992.