Whale Watching/Fishing

Whirlwind

YES! In Icy Straight Point (aka Hoonah), there is a company that will do both. It is a husband and wife operation, and they are WONDERFUL! My DH and I did whale watching with them last week, we saw 20 whales - it was amazing. The guy's name is Shawn, he is a great guy. His boat only seats 6 people, so you are guaranteed great viewing. Shawn is very knowledgable and great to talk to. He is with Glacial Wind Charters. Give him a call and he will be able to accomodate your request for a fishing/whale watcing trip (assuming he has availability on your date).

Tell him Michael and Renee from Chicago say hello!

F.I.S.H.E.S. out of ISP does the same. My family is going whale watching with them on Aug. 9th. For an extra $15, I can put a line in the water while we are whale watching. Marjorie and Floyd are very nice. They only take six people in their catamaran. Their boat can go places that the larger cruiseline excurison cannot. They can stop where and when you want to. You can contact them at thier email address fishes@hoonah.net or call them at (907) 945-3327.

Archived