Balmoral Island?

bronzebeauty

Has anyone been to Balmoral Island? It is one of the excursions that we are considering for our day in nassau. If you have done this excursion how was it? Are 18-20 year olds allowed to buy drinks there? Are there areas to snorkel? We want to do the stingray encounter and possibly the dolphin encounter but my husband and kids love to snorkel and the kids would like to buy a drink or two being 18 is the legal age in the Bahamas. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

We were just there 2 weeks ago. I can't help you with any info regarding drinks, we just did the cheapest 'beach' day excursion. We've been to Nassau many times and thought we'd try it since it's new. The beach area is very small, but nice - my husband snorkeled and saw several types of fish - the water is so clear you can see fish swimming around with you even without snorkel gear! I had read some reviews where people complained about the loud music and 'party atmosphere' - if you're not into that just go to the farthest end and it's not as loud. I also read a review that someone said the water depth within the roped off area was 3' - they're wrong, I'm 5'5" and it was up to my neck quite a distance before the rope. I think the dolphin area is near the pier the boat lets you off - it was a dismal, way too small area for them and I felt sorry for them :(

Edited by Monaco02

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back and loved this excursion. The beach is small but very nice and clean. The water is beautiful, clear and very calm. Was perfect for our young kids. There also weren't a ton of people (maybe 40?) So the beach was definitely not crowded. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas. I also have no idea about the drinks, but the sail & sign cards are used on island since it's partial owned by Carnival. I would imagine the rules would be the same as the ship rules. Don't quote me on that though. Snorkeling gear is $11 to rent.

We also did the stingray encounter. Very nice. You spend your first 45 mins (or so) with the guides doing the feeding, holding, etc, but you're allowed to go in/out of the stingray pen all day long whenever you'd like.

Edited by TS8213