new and floundering

mightymak

we also heard that. Friends told us that when visiting Norway it was not unusual to pay 12 to 15 dollars for a cup of coffee. I don't see our cruise on the roll call, how do you start a roll call for your cruise? MA

That sounds like what I have heard too. These guys paid about 70 Dollars for two pizzas!!

I honestly have no idea how to start a roll call, but I'm sure there are plenty of other helpful people here.

One thing we found out: unless you're really starving or want to try norwegian food, don't eat in the ports. We spoke to two other couples during dinner who told us they paid horrendous prices for a bowl of soup or a pizza :eek:

Annette

but the shrimp sandwiches and other things available at the local fish markets are well worth the price. Why try pizza? Eat the fish!

we also heard that. Friends told us that when visiting Norway it was not unusual to pay 12 to 15 dollars for a cup of coffee. I don't see our cruise on the roll call, how do you start a roll call for your cruise? MA

It's easy to start a RC. I think you are on the Rotterdam, not sure of the date. Go to

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Click on Rotterdam. If your cruise isn't already listed, start a RC by posting a new thread. Note the general format is to list the departure date and the "name" of the cruise or where it is going. Then sit back and wait for others to find you and check in. Easy--give it a go.

If you have questions, come back and ask!

Good luck

ML

If you don't have a roll call yet, you can always "lurk" on other roll calls that are having a similar cruise, and see what their plans are. There are some very experienced cruisers who seem to know what to do in each port. We also did the ship's tour for Flam, as there really wasn't much else to do there! In Geiranger, we tendered ashore on our own and wandered in the town. I wanted to go on the "Viking" boat tour, but we didn't get to their little dock in time. In Stavanger, we walked around on our own as well. In Bergen, we took the ships tour to Greig's home (with a concert), and a stave church. We had some time to wander around in the old town as well, and to the fish market. You can also do a little research on each port in Tripadvisor. A lot depends on what your interests, too. I have always found the HAL tour guides to be good, and you get some history that way.