Tell her now, or wait until we go?

dulcimergirl

Hi,

It's not what you think.. lol My BFF and I were shopping a few weeks ago, and I found a great carry on, a Lug Porter bag in my signature color, green. She thought it was nice and lightweight and would do wonderfully to carry on on our next 5 day cruise. Now, fast forward to a couple of days ago. I called her and asked if she needed me to print a luggage tag. She said yes, as she doesn't have a bag large enough to carry on, and will have her suitcase. So, I found a website, ordered her a Porter bag in her favorite color Purple as a Christmas/birthday gift. Now, should I tell her now, or wait until just before the cruise? These will hold enough we won't need to check a bag, which is a good thing for us. Oh, I haven't got it yet, its still being shipped, but I will be seeing her today and I can't keep a secret for beans.. lol

Since you still have a couple of weeks until your cruise, maybe you could wait until it arrives. I wouldn't put it off too close to the cruise because she might start packing in her old suitcase and have to start all over (although I usually do that 2 or 3 times until I am satisfied:D). If the bag is due in the next week and you are planning on seeing her then, I would wrap it up and give it to her when it arrives.

My partner bought me a carry on last year as an early anniversary gift for our trip. He gave it to me not quite two months before our actual 1 yr mark, so it was early. I was glad he did as it added another layer of excitement, but also happy because I was planning on buying one!

I would give her a heads up. I bet she will be excited and you do not risk the odds of her thinking she should get one and then having two. I know what you mean about spilling the beans too... so I would go with it! :)

Just an update: The day after the lovely purple Lug bag arrived at my house, I took it to my BFF. I had also picked up a pretty scarf with purple in it, to tie around the handle for fun. She adored it, and is happily packing and sorting and seeing what will fit in for our 5 day coming up in a few days. Thanks for your replies, and I did take them into consideration.

May your cruises have smooth seas.

Just an update: The day after the lovely purple Lug bag arrived at my house, I took it to my BFF. I had also picked up a pretty scarf with purple in it, to tie around the handle for fun. She adored it, and is happily packing and sorting and seeing what will fit in for our 5 day coming up in a few days. Thanks for your replies, and I did take them into consideration.

May your cruises have smooth seas.

Thanks for letting us know. Hope you both have a great cruise!

That's so fun :)

We are cruising with a bunch of people in January and I am the only one who knows that one of the families are coming ( surprise for their kids Christmas) and its been so hard to keep the secrets! Well, it is their first cruise and I bought her a LUG travel wallet in her favorite color (green) to keep her family organized. I also can't wait to give it to her ! I decided that I will give it for an anniversary gift ( end of Nov) and give it to her privately so nobody will wonder why she needs a travel wallet, LOL. I'm giving it to her on the 23rd, so 15 more days to wait :(

That's so fun :)

We are cruising with a bunch of people in January and I am the only one who knows that one of the families are coming ( surprise for their kids Christmas) and its been so hard to keep the secrets! Well, it is their first cruise and I bought her a LUG travel wallet in her favorite color (green) to keep her family organized. I also can't wait to give it to her ! I decided that I will give it for an anniversary gift ( end of Nov) and give it to her privately so nobody will wonder why she needs a travel wallet, LOL. I'm giving it to her on the 23rd, so 15 more days to wait :(

Oh this sounds so fun. Yes, secrets are killers for sure.. lol I almost bought the Lug travel wallet in green. They are so handy. I decided there's enough pockets in the Lug Mondo bag I got in green, of course, so didn't really need the wallet.

What a nice anniversary gift. Let us know her reactions to it. lol

One time when my Mom and Dad cruised, they got my sister and her DH to drop them at the port. Well, my sister and DH did, then circled around and parked and got in line behind them. My folks didn't see them until they were aboard, and my Sis and BIL walked up to them eating lunch on the Lido. So fun. Then they called me, and I talk to my Dad, and he says oh yea, here's your sister. I knew they were eating lunch, so figured it out instantly. It was a surprise all the way around, except for sister of course.

I was at my folks babysitting their cat. Somehow, it still doesn't seem fair. LOL I am getting even tho, so far this year I've had 6 cruises, and have 3 more before New Years, take that sista!! lol

Edited by dulcimergirl

Just an update: The day after the lovely purple Lug bag arrived at my house, I took it to my BFF. I had also picked up a pretty scarf with purple in it, to tie around the handle for fun. She adored it, and is happily packing and sorting and seeing what will fit in for our 5 day coming up in a few days.

What a nice surprise!