Good news for single cruisers.

Tampa cruiser1963

Carnival has a sale right now for single cruisers. You can book a cruise at the double occupancy rate and not have to pay for the phantom person that is not going with you. This is on selected ships and selected sailing. You can read the list here; https://www.goccl.com/ It is on the lower right of the page under featured specials.

Many years(10 plus maybe) you only paid 150%over the cruise rate for a category 3 or less. So hopefully CCL brings that rate for solo cruises back.

Edited by Shipbound

I appreciate Carnival's effort but I haven't booked an OV since the Holiday, so this offer is basically useless for me. When cruising solo I WOULD appreciate double points since I pay for the entire cabin.

this sale is a "no second person supplement" sale. So you are paying for the entire cabin at the rate of one person, which is actually half the price paid if there were two. So for this sale, you would not get double points.

• 2 weeks later...
I just booked one in January with "no second person supplement". Just a 4-day cruise on the Inspiration, but since I haven't found anyone to go with me yet, it was nice to book under this sale.

I'm doing the November 18th cruise on the INSPIRATION for the same reason . . . my cruise buddy can't get away. Was surprised when I saw that I could cruise SOLO without penalty. :D

I will be in Florida for 8 days Nov 16 thru Nov 24 to take care of some business and to visit some family and friends. I stumbled on this post and I lucked out because I was able to book the 5 day Ecstasy out of Port Canaveral on Nov 18. Great solo deal on this 5 day Bahamas itinerary. It stops in HMC which is a port I have on my list to cruise to. Luckily I can take care of my business and visiting and still fit this cruise in. I can't wait. I board the Ecstasy in 6 days.

The deal is so good that it is costing me less than if I was on land for the 5 days. I hope they do continue this in 2014.:cool:

Edited by JohnSpo

I will be in Florida for 8 days Nov 16 thru Nov 24 to take care of some business and to visit some family and friends. I stumbled on this post and I lucked out because I was able to book the 5 day Ecstasy out of Port Canaveral on Nov 18. Great solo deal on this 5 day Bahamas itinerary. It stops in HMC which is a port I have on my list to cruise to. Luckily I can take care of my business and visiting and still fit this cruise in. I can't wait. I board the Ecstasy in 6 days.

The deal is so good that it is costing me less than if I was on land for the 5 days. I hope they do continue this in 2014.:cool:

If you've never been on Ecstasy, you'll love her even without all the bells and whistles.

Glad I found this thread and I will be watching for early 2014 for more deals :)

Yes, RCCL started the double points but at 200% of the cabin fee it isn't a great deal. I would much rather pay no single supplement and sail solo at an affordable fare.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that Carnival makes single passengers pay double deposit. I really don't want to pay $500 now to reserve a 2015 cruise so I will be watching for a reduced deposit sale!

[quote name='GottaLuvCruising']I'd love to book one for January if they'd keep the solo offer![/QUOTE]

There are a couple of options for January now :) Wish I could get away then!

[url]http://m.carnival.com/Content/single...13NovSale_5648[/url]