Price Drop and Website Question

lovestx

We are currently booked in A2 on a June sailing of Silhouette. I had signed up for price drop alerts on that "fishing" website and just got notice this morning that our cabin price has dropped $255 (and we have two cabins booked). When I go to the X website and choose my cruise, the Aqua Class Price shows as $2294 (the lower price). When I choose this stateroom and press Select, it takes me to that new page that gives you "Your Fare Options" and the price shows as $2549 (my original price). When I add senior fare (the only good thing about turning 55 in June 2014!), Massachusetts residency and Past Passenger number, I still get the higher fare.

Can anyone explain? Is it just a website issue? Should I bother being in touch with my TA? I have PYP on the ressie which I don't want to lose....

We booked our cruise through a TA and for the next few weeks I watched prices to see if they dropped. I have several websites that I check for pricing and one particular one was showing prices for our cabin at 5X what we paid for them - while all the others showed the same price.

Point being, websites are prone to goofy stuff.....Celebrity's in particular! check a few other sites and compare. You could always call, but again, their customer service is about as reliable as their website!! :eek:

We are currently booked in A2 on a June sailing of Silhouette. I had signed up for price drop alerts on that "fishing" website and just got notice this morning that our cabin price has dropped $255 (and we have two cabins booked). When I go to the X website and choose my cruise, the Aqua Class Price shows as $2294 (the lower price). When I choose this stateroom and press Select, it takes me to that new page that gives you "Your Fare Options" and the price shows as $2549 (my original price). When I add senior fare (the only good thing about turning 55 in June 2014!), Massachusetts residency and Past Passenger number, I still get the higher fare.

Can anyone explain? Is it just a website issue? Should I bother being in touch with my TA? I have PYP on the ressie which I don't want to lose....

I would call my TA. However, you will most likely have a choice - the new lower price OR the PYP - most likely not both.

If you see a price drop on the Celebrity site take a screen shot of the page with the price quote for your cabin category. The shot will have the date and time you saw the quote. Then have your TA contact Celebrity. If you are before final payment Celebrity may honor the price drop. Your TA may have a policy as to how this affects whatever perks they are giving you because their commission is based on your cruise fare.

Celebrity's website has been having issues for over a week because of a recent "upgrade" but it doesn't hurt to give your TA a call.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

It was definitely a website issue that the prices were different on different pages. Now it is always showing the lower fare.

I did the Math and even with the Giving Thanks promo, I still come out ahead by keeping my PYP. The free drink package is a huge bonus on an 11 day cruise ($1100!) so hard to beat.

Archived