Shore excursion wait list

forgap

We booked a cruise from sydney to Auckland and have found all tours we are interested in ( even paid tours) are booked full. We are wait listed in every port despite being in a very high end Suite which supposedly has priority. Calling regent they tell me tough luck and our TA can do nothing. Very frustrating for a cruise line that advertises all inclusive tours. We will most likely go back to Seabourn after this trip.

I can only remember one tour that did not open up. And that was for a high cost limited, 12 people excursion. That is for the last 6 cruise I have been on since the included tours started. So don't fret, you will probably get what you paid for.

Rule of thumb.

1. Regents reps are usually clueless. Don't ever call them.

2. Get an Agent who is experienced. Besides getting correct info, they are usually much cheaper and get you better perks.

J

31/425

• 2 weeks later...
I can only remember one tour that did not open up. And that was for a high cost limited, 12 people excursion. That is for the last 6 cruise I have been on since the included tours started. So don't fret, you will probably get what you paid for.

Rule of thumb.

1. Regents reps are usually clueless. Don't ever call them.

2. Get an Agent who is experienced. Besides getting correct info, they are usually much cheaper and get you better perks.

J

31/425

We still have not cleared any excursions and are leaving in a month. My agent is very good, but is getting frustrated too! Part of the problem may be we re wait listed on paid excursions but this is what we wanted to do. To book privately is quite a bit more expensive! Any advice? I am afraid with one month to go in high season if we don't book now we may not even get a private tour!

Thank you for the responses! I really appreciate.

kej1, don't get too concerned yet. We have been on many Regent cruises and all of our wait listed excursions cleared either right before leaving or on board. Also, some guests do not cancel their tours but they do not show up (rude). I believe Regent will try to accommodate you. Best wishes and enjoy your cruise. (P.S. we are on Voyager 2/1/14 Sydney to Singapore.)

kej1, don't get too concerned yet. We have been on many Regent cruises and all of our wait listed excursions cleared either right before leaving or on board. Also, some guests do not cancel their tours but they do not show up (rude). I believe Regent will try to accommodate you. Best wishes and enjoy your cruise................

This has always been my experience too.

J

31/425

Thank you everyone for your encouraging feedback! We are looking forward to our first regent cruise. Have been once on silversea and twice on seabourn. We have traveled a lot but fairly new to cruising and so far have loved it!