Aqua Spa, free pleasures?

CruiserByHeart

We're booked in a AQ room on the Celebrity Reflection for the first time, and really looking forward to our cruise. We've cruised before, but not on the Celebrity Reflection.

From what I read on the board and the Celebrity website I understand that the Aqua Spa has been expanded with new features as the Hammam and the Cold Room and an Infrared Sauna. Are these part of the "Persian Garden", ie. are the included in the AQ room rate?

Also, what's your experience on when there is crowded in the Persian Garden and the Relaxation Room?

Thanks for all your great input :)

To answer your question Yes! I was on the Reflection TA Last November only when it was 3 weeks old. The Persian Gardens has the Saunas, Steam Room, Cold Room in the same area as the Persian Gardens. you can only get to these if you have the pass or are booked in Aqua Class.

If you are not in Aqua Class you can go to the spa on the first day and buy the pass for a day or the whole cruise which in my oppinion is a great deal. If you really don't like Aqua class you can still get to the persian gardens this way.

I hope this helps, my wife and I really enjoyed our trip.

Kitcito:D

To answer your question Yes! I was on the Reflection TA Last November only when it was 3 weeks old. The Persian Gardens has the Saunas, Steam Room, Cold Room in the same area as the Persian Gardens. you can only get to these if you have the pass or are booked in Aqua Class.

If you are not in Aqua Class you can go to the spa on the first day and buy the pass for a day or the whole cruise which in my oppinion is a great deal. If you really don't like Aqua class you can still get to the persian gardens this way.

I hope this helps, my wife and I really enjoyed our trip.

Kitcito:D

Hi Kitcito,

Thanks a million! Our curise just got a little better and a lot more relaxing ;)

We're booked in a AQ room on the Celebrity Reflection for the first time, and really looking forward to our cruise. We've cruised before, but not on the Celebrity Reflection.

From what I read on the board and the Celebrity website I understand that the Aqua Spa has been expanded with new features as the Hammam and the Cold Room and an Infrared Sauna. Are these part of the "Persian Garden", ie. are the included in the AQ room rate?

Also, what's your experience on when there is crowded in the Persian Garden and the Relaxation Room?

Thanks for all your great input :)

We were on the Solstice and booked the AQ class for the first time. We are spoiled now!! The Aqua Spa is wonderful -- well, at least I liked it - my husband, not so much. It wasn't his thing. Anything in the Persian Gardens is included in your rate for the AQ.

The Persian Gardens was never too crowded to find a heated tile chair -- but sometimes only 1 or 2 left. The observation lounge must be the ship's best kept secret, though. We were the only ones in there several times during our cruise. It is an amazing place to go for sail away. Very comfy chairs with the best view ever!! You pretty much see what the captain sees. :o

They also have refreshments available. This is also used for people that want to lounge before or after their spa treatments. I like to sit up there and read -- just once there were others in there and it got a bit noisy -- but don't think it is a designated quiet zone -- and then the appts came up and everyone was gone -- so back to my world of beauty and solitude.

This is a bit tricky to find but there is a secret staircase to get there -- once you see it, you will know you are there. It is only on the starboard side -- which we discovered after wandering around on the port side for several minutes.

Since it is your first time in the AQ, you should definitely try Blu. I didn't think I would be that impressed....boy, was I ever wrong. :D

I totally agree with Kitcito and Cruise Raider...we love AQ cabins and perks and now have trouble not booking this class of cabins. I especially enjoy the heated tile loungers and the food (and service) in Blu. hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

On the Reflection, there was never a crowd at the Relaxation Room. However, I did have to return later as the Persian Gardens were filled to capacity on two occasions. This was the case despite being expanded due to the additional Aqua class cabins. The Persian Gardens also have more therapy areas which are really nice. Staff will even suggest the sequence of using the various rooms.

The new rooms are included in your room rate in Aqua.

Do you happen to know what the cost would be for a week-long pass to Persian Gardens? We're dedicated Aqua Class cruisers but we're doing a family cruise in January and opted for three adjacent hump balconies instead. I will miss Blu but getting use of Persian Gardens could ease the pain:rolleyes:.

Do you happen to know what the cost would be for a week-long pass to Persian Gardens? We're dedicated Aqua Class cruisers but we're doing a family cruise in January and opted for three adjacent hump balconies instead. I will miss Blu but getting use of Persian Gardens could ease the pain:rolleyes:.

I believe I paid around $120 last April for a week's pass. Worth every penny; I spent an hour a day in the Persian Gardens and it gave me time away from the group, time to decompress, time to JUST RELAX!

Cruise Raider, is the observation lounge part of the AQ privileges or can anyone use it?

Jennie

Jennie,

The observation lounge is for anyone that has booked a spa treatment and anybody in the AQ deck. It was manned with a desk out front every time I went but they weren't completely strict as we asked if our friends from the concierge level could join us and since nobody else was in there, they said it would be ok. I hope I don't get anybody in trouble with that....they were just being kind and it wasn't taking away from anyone else's pleasure ...it was EMPTY.

When I first boarded, nobody seemed to know about it - it seemed like a distinct feature but everyone kept on saying it was actually at the Persian Gardens ...which is actually on the deck above. When I finally found it -- it was like 'aha!' I knew it was a completely separate spot. I liked enjoying the hot tea up there while in Alaska -- and the view -- almost worth a spa treatment just for that. You can use it before and after -- no time limits seemed to be enforced.

Cruise Raider, is the observation lounge part of the AQ privileges or can anyone use it?

Jennie

When we've sailed in Aqua Class, the desk only seems to be staffed during prime spa hours. Otherwise the desk and the Relaxation Lounge were empty.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app