Castles Of North Zealand

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did the Star one. They are fascinating castles. Friedriksburg is magnificent. The chapel is gorgeous. The people who did this on their own probably had a better time of it because I understand that the town where Kronborg is is a nice place to visit and a great place for ice cream. I would definitely recommend seeing these castles.

Beware of carrying any bags even medium sized. The guard came after my husband at Friedricksburg and took his camera bag. He did not give us a number to find it again and because of that we were separated from the group. It took us going up and down several stairs and looking for them. It was scary to me to get separated. We finally found them in the chapel. I was exhausted from going up 2 flights of stairs unnecessarily.

We will be in Copenhagen for 3 1/2 days before our Star Princess cruise and are thinking of doing one trip out of the city during that time. This sounds like a good trip. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can do this on our own from Copenhagen?

They are fascinating castles. Friedriksburg is magnificent. The chapel is gorgeous. The people who did this on their own probably had a better time of it because I understand that the town where Kronborg is is a nice place to visit and a great place for ice cream. I would definitely recommend seeing these castles.

Beware of carrying any bags even medium sized.

Marlyne, thank you for that recommendation because we are planning to visit Fredriksborg independently in early September. And thank you for the bag warning too.

:) Donna

• 2 weeks later...

I sure hope you have better weather than we did. Someone on this board tells all about taking the train to Kronborg and Freidericksburg and in detail about the ice cream at Kornborg. I look forward to hearing about your trip.

Archived