Should I try Norwegian

goofy gopher

People have mentioned that you are free to wear what you please on NCL, even on formal night...does this mean I will feel out of place in a nice evening dress? Will everyone at dinner be attired in shorts / jeans/ t shirts? Or is there usually a mixture (or does it depend on itinerary?)

I'm thinking of trying the Epic for a med cruise. I was imagining the sort of smart casual wear you would see at pizza express. I'm all for wearing what you want, but just wondered whether there will be others smartly attired .... not talking Black Tie by the way....

For me, part of the fun of an NCL cruise is the huge range of dress-up/dress-down. You will not be the only formal, you will not be the only smart casual, and - if you feel like it - you will not be the only jeans. Anything goes creates a lot of positive energy.

People have mentioned that you are free to wear what you please on NCL, even on formal night...does this mean I will feel out of place in a nice evening dress? Will everyone at dinner be attired in shorts / jeans/ t shirts? Or is there usually a mixture (or does it depend on itinerary?)

I'm thinking of trying the Epic for a med cruise. I was imagining the sort of smart casual wear you would see at pizza express. I'm all for wearing what you want, but just wondered whether there will be others smartly attired .... not talking Black Tie by the way....

You might find that the Med. cruisers to be a bit more formal as there are more Europeans on those sailings. There is one dining room that won't allow shorts at dinner, on the EPIC that would be Manhattan, so no need to worry about that. Norwegian doesn't even call their dress up night Formal, its "Norwegian's Night Out" so go and enjoy yourself and dress how you wish, it will be a fabulous cruise! ;)

I am trying Norwegian though it is only a one night cruise to nowhere. But if I like it, I would definitely plan on sailing with them again. I live in New York and they seem to have a lot of good itineraries out of NYC and it is nice to have options that don't require us to fly.

I also want to try Royal Caribbean as well.

Please, do not base your opinion of a cruise line on a one-night cruise-to-nowhere. These will be a completely different experience, with a vibe all their own. In no way, shape or form will this represent a "real" cruise.

;)

Thanks for the replies about dress on NCL, interesting to hear med cruises tend to be a bit smarter and one restaurant is no shorts. I agree the mix and diversity sounds like a good recipe for a fun and carefree cruise experience.... I am very tempted :)

I am also thinking about booking the cruise to nowhere out of Southampton on the new getaway (Jan 14), I realise it won't provide the same experience, but it does sound like it will be a lot of fun!

Archived