Enchantment of the Seas Review- 10/25/13

Lilystar

Well that's a great tip! We definitely will be frequenting the Park Cafe a lot. I take it this is where you would get late night pizza also? Do you know how late it's open in the evenings? Thanks again!

Honestly, I can't remember what time it was open until, but it was at least 10pm.

Installment 2

After dinner we went for a walk around the ship. We went up to the bar on the top deck, I forget what the heck its called now. It's an adult bar. There was NOBODY in there. LIke maybe 10 people at most and the place was huge. I assume people must have gathered there later maybe? It was about 10:00 pm when we were there. We weren't in the drinking mood, so we left and continued our self guided tour of the ship. We took some pictures and got tired from all the excitement of the day so headed down to the cabin to go to bed around 11:30 or so. Honestly, there wasn't much going on anyway....the ship seemed to be quite dead. I always wonder where the heck everyone is!

Will continue on with Day 2 later today! Thanks for reading!

We were on this cruise too! If you had gone up to the Viking Crown Lounge a bit later (11 PM or so) you could have joined the Silent Party which was a blast. The place was packed. They gave out wireless headphones which everyone wore that played two different music selections. The crowd was dancing like crazy. The funniest was when you took your headphones off and heard everyone singing off key to whichever track they were listening to. It was just too funny!

Edited by eel

Ok, so the pictures appeared as little thumbnails. Oh my goodness, I didn't think this would be so difficult! Oh well, anyone know how to make these appear as full size pictures in the posts?:confused:

I use snapfish and you just copy image and paste it into your review. I agree with the other poster about the Silent Party. It was hilarious, you really missed something.

I use snapfish and you just copy image and paste it into your review. I agree with the other poster about the Silent Party. It was hilarious, you really missed something.

Oh well. It was too late for my old bones that night anyway. LOL! We were sound asleep by midnight that particular night. I wish they would have started something up there earlier.

We were on this cruise too! If you had gone up to the Viking Crown Lounge a bit later (11 PM or so) you could have joined the Silent Party which was a blast. The place was packed. They gave out wireless headphones which everyone wore that played two different music selections. The crowd was dancing like crazy. The funniest was when you took your headphones off and heard everyone singing off key to whichever track they were listening to. It was just too funny!

I'm definitely looking forward to this party!

Installment 7

Day 3 Continued

After we ate lunch on Coco Cay, we walked around some more and took some pictures. You get such a picturesque view of the ship from the island, it's impossible to not take a great picture!

DSC01771.jpg.84be6f153442565cb65a299612100211.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg.71b88ab77bbd76d7ee7dab55a8d58c08.jpg

There was only about an hour and a half left before the last tender boat back to the ship so after we took some pictures, we went over to their mini straw market on the island. Just a warning though, they aren't ready to make a very good deal with you like the ones in Nassau. They will take the price down a buck or two, but I offered $15 for a beach bag she said was "on sale" for $20 and she would have none of it. I walked away to the next booth and then she said she'd take $18, I said I'd pay $15 and that was my final offer and she said "sorry, no deal". Oh well, she lost my business. Meanwhile my mother made a small deal for 2 sundresses, but not like a great deal. And they were already packing up their stuff for the day....you'd think they'd be willing to make a better deal. Nope. While I was over there I asked one of the local dealers where they lived and she said they lived on an island about 5 miles away by boat. I was just curious so I asked!

After that we got on the tender boat and went back to the ship. Sit on the top deck if you can, it's such a pretty view on the way back. Just be forewarned that if you wait for the absolute last tender of the day, you have to wait up to a half hour sitting on the boat until every last person has made it onto the tender. We got on the 2nd to last boat....I don't recommend waiting any longer unless you just want to sit there waiting for all the late people.

Once we got back to the ship, we went back to our room and found a special delivery from our waiter Eduardo. There were 5 chocolate covered strawberries! And we just so happened to have a bottle of prosecco that we brought on board that we had yet to drink so it was quite a treat! It was very unexpected to see the strawberries with a special note from him. Especially since we did My Time dining, but were seated in his area for the 2 previous nights and would later this night as well. I don't know if this is a regular practice or not, but it certainly made our day!

DSC01808.jpg.8d243fe8b90a71d29de412e9ba6d85b0.jpg

We got ready for dinner for the next hour and a half and headed down to the evening show in the theatre. They were finally having a production show, so I was looking forward to it. Oye. Just as in the previous 2 nights, the entertainment was really not all that good. They were attempting to do some tribute to broadway and the shows they did were some of the most obscure shows ever! I thought that was really odd. Perhaps that's all they could get the rights too! But it just wasn't all that good. So since we were both starving, we ended up leaving early once again and headed to the dining room.

IMG_0615.jpg.97581779ee022d236cec69518fa1ed80.jpg

When we arrived in the dining room, Eduardo asked us personally if we received his gift earlier...and of course we said yes and thank you! We gave both him and Michael an extra tip before we left later. They were probably the best wait staff I've ever had on a ship. Very nice and very accommodating. Dinner was good again this last night. We sat at a table by ourselves, the exact table we sat at for the 2 previous nights. I wish I had written down what we had eaten, but I didn't and now I can't remember, sorry! We had our after dinner tea with dessert and said our final farewell to Eduardo.

We headed down to guest service to check out our room statement and found that they had indeed credited us for the $25 "bring a friend" deal. Basically Royal Caribbean gave us a credit for me (a crown and anchor member) bringing my mom on board who had never sailed on Royal before.

Then we went for another final walk around the decks to take in the evening air, then headed back to our room so we could pack up our enormous mess! We decided to do the carry-off ourselves so that we could get off the ship early. We planned to go to EPCOT for the Food and Wine Festival on Monday so we wanted to have as much time as possible since I had to go home first and take care of my kitties (I live in Orlando).

We called for a wake up call at 6am and headed to bed around midnight.

The next morning, we disembarked the ship around 7:45am or so. We didn't have time to get breakfast, but we were happy to have beaten the crazy rush. Sure, it was a pain to carry all that stuff off, but suitcases have wheels and we were only on a 3 night cruise so it's not like we had all THAT much stuff with us. It was a smooth process and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. We cruised right on through customs in a matter of like 5 minutes. We did have to wait about 15 minutes for the parking shuttle to arrive, but it wasn't THAT big of a deal.

We were at my house about an hour and 15 minutes later, I took care of a few household chores, said hello to my kitties and we were at EPCOT by about noon. Not too bad!

Thank you very much for reading my trip report. I hope it helped those of you who may be sailing on the Enchantment in the future!

Edited by Lilystar
added pics