Ryndam, cruise with teenager.

luvseaair

Have a wonderful time. For us it was a toss up between Viking Sagas and Norse Legends. We went with Viking Sagas but I'm sure they will both be fantastic cruises, and am sure you will enjoy the ambience on HAL.:)

Thanks Beejay4016 - is it too early to be excited? :) Wishing you a wonderful trip. :)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Forums mobile app

You'll have a wonderful time! We'll be on the Ryndam with our 14-year-old son and 11-year-old daughter for two weeks in July/August on the Voyage of the Midnight Sun, so I bet we'll just miss you. We've been very fortunate that my mother has taken us on European cruises on HAL for several summers, and my kids have loved every trip. Kids' lives are so packed these days that I think they welcome a chance to slow down and unplug.

One caveat, however, if your kid is an athlete. Our son trains for various sports and, on the longer cruises, he gets bummed that he can't work out. To use the gym, you have be 16 and accompanied by an adult. Totally understandable, and I'm sure that's the case on other ships as well. However, since there is no lap pool, climbing wall, etc., the only option is to jog on the sports deck. Just a heads up.

You'll have a wonderful time! We'll be on the Ryndam with our 14-year-old son and 11-year-old daughter for two weeks in July/August on the Voyage of the Midnight Sun, so I bet we'll just miss you. We've been very fortunate that my mother has taken us on European cruises on HAL for several summers, and my kids have loved every trip. Kids' lives are so packed these days that I think they welcome a chance to slow down and unplug.

One caveat, however, if your kid is an athlete. Our son trains for various sports and, on the longer cruises, he gets bummed that he can't work out. To use the gym, you have be 16 and accompanied by an adult. Totally understandable, and I'm sure that's the case on other ships as well. However, since there is no lap pool, climbing wall, etc., the only option is to jog on the sports deck. Just a heads up.

Thanks mtnmommy, shame about the gym though. Our son is very sporty and went to the gym every day on our RCCL cruise last August (mainly floor work, press ups etc) His dad went with him at first until cruise lethargy set in and he didn't have a problem going alone, that said, he does look older. He had to buy a bus ticket on his way to school the other day as he'd lost his oyster card and the driver asked for proof that he was under 16. :)

Hi,

We are also considering either Vikings Saga or Norse Legends. The first is a bit early - 15 year old needs to get back from camp. The second a bit late - they start school on the 26th. I'm ok with them missing school but they are hesitant. Either way, we hope to be on one of these with our 4 teens and happy to hear other families around with teens! We will have ages 15 - 17.

No one has mentioned "The Oasis" on this thread as of yet - does anyone know what it is like, does it really exist?! Is it really only for teens? It looks kinda cool!

Hope to make our decision soon:)

Hi,

We are also considering either Vikings Saga or Norse Legends. The first is a bit early - 15 year old needs to get back from camp. The second a bit late - they start school on the 26th. I'm ok with them missing school but they are hesitant. Either way, we hope to be on one of these with our 4 teens and happy to hear other families around with teens! We will have ages 15 - 17.

No one has mentioned "The Oasis" on this thread as of yet - does anyone know what it is like, does it really exist?! Is it really only for teens? It looks kinda cool!

Hope to make our decision soon:)

Hi triplets+1, hope we'll see you on the Norse Legends cruise. Have started the roll call but mine's the only posting so far. The Oasis, does look good, hopefully someone will comment on it. :)