New to NCL and thinking about breakaway

vaca1981

My husband I have cruised in the past but never on Norwegian. We are thinking of going on the New Years cruise on Breakaway and taking our 2.5 year old daughter:eek: Since we have never cruised with a toddler before I have some questions...I am going to try and potty train her over thanksgiving but in case it doesn't work out is there a splash park on the ship? I looked at the pics from previous cruisers and I can't tell if those nickelodeon characters I saw are in the pool or if that is the splash area. My other question is do any of the cabins have tubs? The mini suite has a big shower and removable shower head which would work if no tubs on ship. Also if anyone has any advice about taking a 2.5 year old please share!

My husband I have cruised in the past but never on Norwegian. We are thinking of going on the New Years cruise on Breakaway and taking our 2.5 year old daughter:eek: Since we have never cruised with a toddler before I have some questions...I am going to try and potty train her over thanksgiving but in case it doesn't work out is there a splash park on the ship? I looked at the pics from previous cruisers and I can't tell if those nickelodeon characters I saw are in the pool or if that is the splash area. My other question is do any of the cabins have tubs? The mini suite has a big shower and removable shower head which would work if no tubs on ship. Also if anyone has any advice about taking a 2.5 year old please share!

The CC board for Families might be helpful http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

You can bring along an inflatable pool for bathing your daughter in the cabin if you do not have a tub.

No children are allowed in any of the pools unless they are potty trained. This includes children who are wearing swim diapers. The topic of diapers in pools is a touchy one.

Some cabins do have tubs. You would do well to book directly with NCL so that you can be sure. Not all "family" cabins have tubs on this ship...

The Nick characters are in the splash area surrounding the kiddy pool.

P1010623.JPG

Could be a difficult trip for a 2.5 year old. Chances are you will only have warm enough weather for swimming for 3 days if your lucky, the other days will be chilly and probably spent inside. Historically, even mid Florida is lucky to see 60 during the day. I would look for something out of Florida where your only a day away from tropical temps and conditions. Sailing out of NY in late December can be an adventure. Sorry to be so doom and gloom but I wouldn't take that trip with a little one.

Archived