Steakhouse question

lynnw68

Do you usually make reservations before you cruise? How hard is it to make reservations the same day? Are they usually booked? We have never tried the steakhouse before, but just don't know which day we want to make reservations.

I normally book before getting onboard and normally for the first night. On the Legend a couple of years ago, tried to get a reservation for the last night onboard and they were booked. They had a cancellation and was able to get in.

I've booked online before my trip and I've booked while on the ship. When i was on the ship, there was a lady standing outside the MDR advertising the steakhouse and taking reservations so I booked that way too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Do you usually make reservations before you cruise? How hard is it to make reservations the same day? Are they usually booked? We have never tried the steakhouse before, but just don't know which day we want to make reservations.

Have never booked in advance. Always the day the mood struck us. Might not be the exact time you want, but will be close. We eat there once or twice per cruise. Enjoy!

Have never booked in advance. Always the day the mood struck us. Might not be the exact time you want, but will be close. We eat there once or twice per cruise. Enjoy!

I would have agreed 100% - prior to sailing the Breeze. The steakhouse is less than half the size of the ones on other ships.

We went once on board - it was early because we are Platinum - with the intent of booking at least 2 nights. Most nights were already completely booked!

We did get one night - 8:15 I think - but any of the other nights were at like 9:30....if they had anything at all!! :o They took our names - in case of cancellation and we checked back twice during the week. Still nothing.

I will be booking prior to boarding now - no matter which ship. Just to know we get what we want.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I usually make our steakhouse reservations via email prior to the cruise, however, I have just "cold called" the steakhouse onboard with no problem. Until my Glory b2b's two weeks ago, I have NEVER seen any Carnival steakhouse crowded. That was a different story on the Glory. When we ate there, every table was filled and people were showing up trying to get tables. They would go to the bar and wait to see if they would be able to be seated. I was amazed how crazy busy they were. And, to be honest, it was our very first experience at a Carnival steakhouse that was not excellent. It was good, but not like some of the others. Maybe it was because they were so busy.

Tried to book on line 1 month prior to our cruise in sept. On the breeze. Got an email they were full. Tried once we were on board as we did a b2b. We were wait listed and never got a call. Just tried to book for the sunshine in 84 days. Hoping for an email confirmation.

Wow!

*fingers crossed* for good news from the Sunshine.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I plan on eating here next month.

Do they ever offer any discounts, like other cruise lines do? Like reservations the first night, multiple reservations, etc?

The only thing they do is on the first night, they will give you a free bottle of wine that expires by meals end.

Archived