Studio Stateroom

Malamel

So the group I went on my first cruise with are going on another, but they're going on RCCL Quantum of the Seas and tbh, that ship is just too much for me. So I was looking into a solo cruise. Another friend told me about NCL's studio rooms. Has anyone on here stayed in one? If I can find someone to go with, and we stay in an inside room, it'll be almost $1000 less. Sorry for rambling, I just can't make up my mind. So if there's any solo cruisers that have stayed in a studio on here, any advice?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I'm staying in a studio cabin in dec for the first time. I have read many reviews here on cc and they were all positive on the studio cabins.

I did hear just one complaint that the op heard everything in the next cabin, but many op's told me they never heard anything from the cabins next to them. I heard there's plenty of storage space, a full size comfy bed, and the room didn't really feel that small.

I think i'll enjoy sharing a cabin with just myself (lol) they say the studio lounge is very nice also, i'm looking forward to it.

I know this is second hand knowledge, but i think you'll like the studio.

I stayed in a Solo on Epic in March. I was very worried about the room but after staying in it I loved it. The thought put into the design is amazing. I never heard the person next to me. The studio lounge I really loved. I enjoyed so much that I leave in less then a week to stay in a studio again.

Sailed the Breakaway in Oct & loved the studios. Read plenty of complaints about noise from connecting cabins but I had no such problems. Booked the Epic for Jan & the Breakaway for next Oct.

The cabin was well laid out & had plenty of storage. I was offered a balcony upsell for a very good price on my Epic sailing but would rather use the money for my UBP.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

I was supposed to stay in a studio cabin on my October 6th cruise to Bermuda but got an offer for $125.00 more for a balcony~~so went with that~~I always cruised in Oceanside, balcony and mini-suites! I was very lucky to meet the solo cruisers and go to the solo get-together each night 5-6 and see one of the studio cabins on the Breakaway~~it was very nice and no complaints from the people who were staying in them. We did many things together like the ice bar, the Manhattan Room for dinner and now some of us are planning another cruise for next year~~our cruise get -together host was great~~ a shout out to Zack~~but he is leaving to go on the "Getaway" next year~~maybe we will see you Zack on the "Getaway". I had such a fun time dancing at H20 almost every night! Happy sailing!

I loved the studio lounge, but the room was too small for me. I'm not great in confined spaces, so a couple of times I woke up in the middle of the night and felt "trapped" it was compounded by the fact that the studios are in the middle of the ship in a hallway that needed a pass key (which was nice safety touch), but made me feel even more confined.

So the group I went on my first cruise with are going on another, but they're going on RCCL Quantum of the Seas and tbh, that ship is just too much for me. So I was looking into a solo cruise. Another friend told me about NCL's studio rooms. Has anyone on here stayed in one? If I can find someone to go with, and we stay in an inside room, it'll be almost $1000 less. Sorry for rambling, I just can't make up my mind. So if there's any solo cruisers that have stayed in a studio on here, any advice?

While I have never sailed solo, nor in a studio, I felt compelled to reply because of the areas I bolded above.

The only Norwegian ships which have studio accommodations are the EPIC, Breakaway and Getaway (and presumably the large new-builds coming soon). These are all mega-ships, and if the Quantum is too much for you, these ships may also fall into that same category. Just food for thought.

;)

It's not the size I don't like, it's more the amount of stuff onboard. I understand the Breakaway has plenty to do, but there's just so much on Quantum that just looking at the descriptions, etc feels overwhelming.

I've stayed in a studio cabin on the Epic last year and LOVED it. I had another one booked within a month of getting back home. I now have a little over 2 months left to go!

The room is smaller than the other rooms, but the way it's designed really works well. It didn't feel that small to me at all.

The studio lounge is awesome and definitely a perk for the solo cruisers. We had a great time at our solo meeting and then a bunch of us ate dinner together afterwards. I made a lot of friends that I still keep in contact with. :)

Archived