Jeans at Lunchtime.

I would say that if you are going to be in a cold climate then jeans will be fine for lunch. But, if you are going to the Caribbean they will be far too hot and heavy and you would be more comfortable in cotton or the likes. Of course you know they are generally considered to be not appropriate wear for evenings.

have a great cruise!

There is no reason for anyone to be blasted here at all. The OP asked about daytime wear, not the evening in the dining room. If it's not too hot for you, jeans are fine in the dining room during the day.

I wore jeans during the day almost every day last year in Alaska and ate lunch (and breakfast) in the dining room every time I could.

Unless you're going to be in Alaska, jeans are wayyyy too hot to wear for lunch. With all the doors opening and closing with people going out to the pools and on deck, the inside of the ship gets warm and muggy.

If you feel comfortable wearing jeans for lunch, I say go for it! As others have pointed out, they may be too heavy for some cruises, but that depends entirely on the person. Some people are just naturally colder (or hotter) than others.

Archived