NOT happy with FREEDOM at all

travlnblueberries

And...guess what?

I have always been able to order off the daily menu or plan ahead with my waiter for something not on the menu....on Carnival ships. Your approach is often the key to getting special or even expected service anywhere.

Approaching as if it is an entitlement is not the way to do it....OP mentions having made a comment so the head waiter would overhear....not the best approach, for sure. Sometimes you haave to read between the lines on these posts....afterall this incident caused the OP to title this thread what?

Also not the best approach....unless you're looking for flaming feedback

People in hospitality have one chance to make a good first impression. If they blow it, what makes you think they'll get it right the next time, or the next? Complaining up the chain is an exercise in frustration and futility. Just don't ever go back there. There are too many other options. Restaurants, hotels, cruise lines. Whatever.

Edited by EZ4

They will have just one meal to have a problem with rolling there eyes. I will ask if there is a problem, with a smile. If service does not improve by the second night I will get up from the table during the meal and go straight to the man in charge the Matri D and explain my issues with the waiter. It his job to set it straight. If not better the third night , I will be speaking with someone in a white uniform.

I think I am in disbelief that people think this is about tenders, not the service that was rendered.

It brings to mind how little some people expect and how much they are willing to put up with. It's getting to the point, I had a fantastic cruise because, I am not home, not cooking, the server did not spill anything on me, or the ship did not sink.

Edited by Blk_Amish

I personally don't think it should have been that big a deal and just think the waiter couldn't be bothered.....as you said. At the end of the day if there's nothing on the menu you fancy and you are prepared to wait a little longer then why not? It was something simple you asked for, not a major delicacy that would have taken hours to prepare.

I do think the title of your thread is misleading though, it was the waiter you were cheesed off at not the Freedom

Of course a couple of points are being missed. One we know the other we have noway of knowing. First the one we know the OP was asking for somthing that wasn't on the menue that night. So they could have been out of them, and yes even Denny's runs out of prodect from time to time. once a group of 6 of us stopped for diner and the Denny's we were at had no bread. The second point that be a factor which we don't know had someone else at another table or if this was the late seatting, then during the early seatting asked for chicken tenders and the waiter had already checked. Whih if he had and they were out he wouldn't need to check again.

Of course a couple of points are being missed. One we know the other we have noway of knowing. First the one we know the OP was asking for somthing that wasn't on the menue that night. So they could have been out of them, and yes even Denny's runs out of prodect from time to time. once a group of 6 of us stopped for diner and the Denny's we were at had no bread. The second point that be a factor which we don't know had someone else at another table or if this was the late seatting, then during the early seatting asked for chicken tenders and the waiter had already checked. Whih if he had and they were out he wouldn't need to check again.

Oh, please please don't make sense on this thread:o You are supposed to say he didn't do his job, NOT that he might have already known the answer:eek:

Oh, please please don't make sense on this thread:o You are supposed to say he didn't do his job, NOT that he might have already known the answer:eek:

Don't you know you're suppose to bash the OP and call her names because she had a complaint. Then you should bash her more because she has chosen not to come back to be bashed again.