SDI - Barbados-Caldera

vandrefalk

Janieab, no one is belittling the experience you had -- we all recognize it was unfortunate and I don't think anyone has said management did a good job handling it. Remember, I was on board when the damn engine broke -- we, too, missed ports that were important to us. In our favor, however, we did not have the weather issues you did, which impacted you far more than the engine. In fact, most of your issues/complaints seem to be related to the seas, which I believe FlyGod thought wouldn't have been improved by having two engines. However, you still have not explained exactly how SD reneged on the future discounts? It was my understanding that those who booked on board got exactly what was offered?

And the "chicken little" references are not related to this discussion and are completely irrelevant to it. Those who believe we should all discuss our concerns are right -- we should. It is when one takes a concern that should be Defcon5 and immediately elevates it to Defcon 1 that it gets a bit wearisome. If someone has absolute knowledge of industry or financial information that would impact the future of SeaDream, then please share it. Otherwise, let's just recognize that there are many who are not happy about communications from management. I am sure they will continue to contact Miami and/or Oslo and I, for one, hope that they get something that satisfies them.

In the meantime, please realize that what you experienced is not the SD norm.

Vandrefalk

My interpretation of what I have read on this board about SD management is that when things go well, they handle it well. But when things go badly, be it engine problems or disruptive groups or children, they handle it badly. That is truly unfortunate as it puts unnecessary pressure on the crew, and leaves loyal passengers in the dark wondering if they should continue to support SD.

Does not seem like an insurmountable issue to me, so I think it is fair to ask "what's the underlying problem at SD?".

Edited by commodoredave