Requesting a Special Dish in MDR?

jayisgerman

[quote name='innlady1'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I usually choose the "no sugar added" desserts...they're not bad.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]
I get enough of that at home as I don't eat sugar. I did have a bite of one on the ship and I have to admit it was pretty tasty.

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]IIRC, the chocolate purse was on the menu with a different name and then a description of what it was. You needed to read the menu carefully to find it. At least, that's what I recall.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
I remember it having an odd name. Since I heard that I've kept a watch but haven't seen it. That said, HAL drives me to eat in their specialty restaurants because the service tends to be not great in the MDR. I might have missed it on one of those nights.

[quote name='innlady1'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We had an incredible chocolate soufflé in the MDR one night on the NA...it was to die for. Of course, the heavy doses of chocolate kept me awake most of the night![/SIZE][/FONT] :eek:[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Perhaps my tastebuds have lost their spark over the years, but I don't find the [COLOR=sienna]chocolate[/COLOR] soufflé to be all that [COLOR=sienna]chocolaty[/COLOR]. I finish one wanting more [COLOR=sienna]chocolate[/COLOR]. Surprise. Surprise. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]IIRC, the chocolate purse was on the menu with a different name and then a description of what it was. You needed to read the menu carefully to find it. At least, that's what I recall.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]I think it may be listed in Dutch. The first time I ever had it, I was looking for it on the menu, as I had been told it was there. Didn't see it at all. Someone else at the table read it out loud, and that's when I knew---I could hear the word "[COLOR=sienna]chocolate[/COLOR]" clearly, albeit foreign, in the name. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Ruth, I recall that you posted that here and I was on the lookout for it and still almost missed it. Maybe it's still there and we're all not seeing it.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I asked on our recent cruise if the chocolate purse was still on the menu and was told it was not. I didn't know the "real" name for it...perhaps that would have made a difference.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='innlady1'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I asked on our recent cruise if the chocolate purse was still on the menu and was told it was not. I didn't know the "real" name for it...perhaps that would have made a difference.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]I doubt that, Sheila. I'm certain that using the English language name for it would not have made a difference in them understanding what you were asking about. Everyone called it by the English language name. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]I haven't seen it on the menu in ages, so I expect that when they said it was no longer on it, they were telling it exactly as it is. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]I doubt that, Sheila. I'm certain that using the English language name for it would not have made a difference in them understanding what you were asking about. Everyone called it by the English language name. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]I haven't seen it on the menu in ages, so I expect that when they said it was no longer on it, they were telling it exactly as it is. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]A shame, Ruth. That was my all time favorite.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I wonder why they took it off the menu? I only had it once, but loved it. I found it better than the Chocolate Volcano in the Pinnacle.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]I thought so, too. I expect the cost of ingredients had something to do with removing it. That was good [COLOR=sienna]chocolate[/COLOR], and there was butter in the recipe. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]