Carnival hot chocolate

FlyingCruiserNJ

Just got off the Sensation on Halloween day last week (review forthcoming when I can sit down and just write for while uninterrupted) and I noticed the hot chocolate mix they have is pretty good. Better than the powdered stuff you usually get at the grocery store. As far as I can see it is just powder mixed with hot water BUT is there something more to it that anyone may know about? I had it a few times, even when it was very warm on deck.

Anyone else have an opinion on the Carnival hot chocolate that they serve? Like or dislike? Know what product they actually use in the mix?

FlyingCruiserNJ

I think the hot chocolate is the best beverage (non alcoholic) on the ship. I drink it year round and sometimes mix it half/half with coffee.

I really enjoyed it .... even on hot days in Hawaii I would have a cup ...

I really think they use Ghirardelli Hot chocolate mix, I use this at home. Its a lil more expensive unless you buy it in bulk which is what i do and I want to say that i saw this when I did the behind the fun tour on Destiny a couple years back. But IMO thats what it tastes like

I really think they use Ghirardelli Hot chocolate mix, I use this at home. Its a lil more expensive unless you buy it in bulk which is what i do and I want to say that i saw this when I did the behind the fun tour on Destiny a couple years back. But IMO thats what it tastes like

It very well might be. I don't buy Ghirardelli much so I am not that familiar with the taste of their products but it sounds right. To the person who suggested ice cream in it; I never have tried that but will next time I have the chance. It really is good. It was 88 in FPO and NAS both days and hot at night on lido but it was still great to have a few cups of the stuff after the comedy shows while enjoying pizza and hotdogs after midnight. LOL.

FlyingCruiserNJ

I think the Hot Chocolate is one of the best kept secrets on the ship. EXCELLENT, and always available! I don't know what brand it is, but I always just figured it was because it's "whipped" before it is dispensed into the cup. Whatever it is, it's absolutely superior! :cool:

"SKY"

My sister-in-law is pretty sure it's Nestle. In the red packaging. Just regular old Nestle, apparently. She saw them refilling it one day, and it was from a big red Nestle food-service-type of package. We LOVE that stuff!!! I think it's extra-good because a) it's kind of whipped & foamy, and b) you're having it on a CRUISE SHIP! :D

I think the Hot Chocolate is one of the best kept secrets on the ship. EXCELLENT, and always available! I don't know what brand it is, but I always just figured it was because it's "whipped" before it is dispensed into the cup. Whatever it is, it's absolutely superior! :cool:

"SKY"

Do you think that machine would fit in a suitcase:eek: