RCCL studio booked

mrobstad

I just booked a studio on the Serenade of the seas for feb 15.....didn't realize it was a studio, just thought the single supplement was 17%....it's like 6 sq ft bigger than the epic. I'll compare the two when I can.

Is this a new cabin category for the Serenade of the Seas? I checked the RCCL website for studio cabins on this ship and not see Studio cabins listed. Are you referring to an interior cabin?

I looked at the pics on the link.

In comparison to the epic, the rccl studio looks older even tho it's a refurb. The epic studios are like shiny pennies. Plus there's the advantage of the studio lounge and a dedicated solo cruise director....

before my trip, looks like the advantage goes to Ncl, but cruise was $200 cheaper on RCCL since I got a 17% single supplement surcharge.

• 1 month later...

I didn't realise that some RCI ships had studio staterooms. I'll look out for them.

I would have a bit of an issue with the single bed though, as I'm used to sleeping in a kingsize.

I haven't tried a studio on NCL. My only experience was in an inside cabin on Jade, and wasn't impressed. The food wasn't very good, and I didn't like sitting alone in the mdr. I did ask to share, but apparently they don't put people on shared tables.

The epic bed is a full or queen, but from the serenade pics, the RCCL studio bed looks like a twin. The epic rooms gave mood lighting and a shared common room with a dedicated cruise director....I'll post a comparison at the end of February....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Here's a pic of my studio on RCCL Serenade.....17% supplement.

[ATTACH]303910[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What are your thoughts on the size, location and facilities of the studios? (I'm not sure where they're located on the Serenade?) I'm thinking of booking one on the Brillance, where they seem to be located between the dining room and the centrum. For the cruise I'm interested in (Baltic), there doesn't seem to be many deals for solos, even last minute, so the reduced supplement on the studios is attractive (but would have to book for next year not this year, due to the limited availability), and I'm thinking with something that port intensive, I wouldn't be in the cabin much anyway!

I've looked at the same cruise, and knowing how expensive European excursions are, the studio make sense. I loved the location which was right next to the shore excursions desk and on the other side of the stairs from the MDR. It's small and not as well designed as the NCCL studios, and there's only 3, but at a 17% supplement, it's a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Went ahead and booked a Studio on the Brillance for the Baltic cruise in May 2015. (There's still one left for the May 18 sailing, if anyone out there is thinking of it.) I'll watch the prices between now and then and see what happens by the time final payment is due. Also I'll be Diamond after my next cruise so there's always a (remote) chance for an upgrade...(well I can hope...)

I don't think the prices drop on the RCCL studios....but good luck....you could B2B your cruise with the one from a Harwich, I think, for a really nice itinerary....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Went ahead and booked a Studio on the Brillance for the Baltic cruise in May 2015. (There's still one left for the May 18 sailing, if anyone out there is thinking of it.) I'll watch the prices between now and then and see what happens by the time final payment is due. Also I'll be Diamond after my next cruise so there's always a (remote) chance for an upgrade...(well I can hope...)

There are no studios left on the 18 May sailing - I've got it!!

Were you able to book this directly at the website? Or did you have to call RCCL?

Were you able to book this directly at the website? Or did you have to call RCCL?

I called RCCL as I was using a Future Cruise Booking to make the reservation. However, at that time the studios were showing up on the website, but as there's only 3 of that class of cabin on the Brillance, I guess once they're booked, they won't show up. (Around the same time I was making some cabin changes to a Transatlantic booking I have for May and ended up spending a LOT of time on hold to get through to talk to an actual person (over 3 hours on hold over several phone call attempts!!) - but that's a whole other story! Be patient if you're planning on calling them direct!