Concerned about taxi back from Porta Mari

tbmrt

We had planned on grabbing a taxi to Porta Mari to snorkel next month, but have a few concerns. We will be there on a Sunday if that matters.

1. Are there traffic delays getting there and back via taxi?

2. I understand you have to prearrange for taxi for return trip to ship since none are at Porta Mari (Porte Marie) not sure of spelling. Should fear of not getting back to ship on time preclude me from going there? I read about the tug boat snorkeling, but wonder if it will just be too too crowded.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Yes, there will be traffic delays as the main road to the Western side is under construction. But I wouldn't worry much, since you're here on a Sunday.

You should indeed pre-arrange a pick up after your time at Porto Marie (correct spelling), but even if the driver doesn't show up (and this would be highly unusual) - the nice people at the snackbar will call a taxi for you.

Sunday is a busy day at the beach, I'm sure you'll be fine getting transportation back to the ship. Just leave the beach with plenty of time to spare (f.i. 2 hours prior to the ships departure time).