Question about My NCL on NCLdotcom

panda79

Hi guys,

Just a quick question for those of you who have organized family cruises. I've noticed on NCL.com that when you log on to My NCL you can enter passport info for the person who is in the cabin with you. So here are my questions:

How do you guys handle it when you are organizing a group of 20+ passengers in 9 cabins? There is no way to check-in everyone under one log in, correct?

Does everyone need to log in to My NCL or am I correct in assuming that just one person per cabin needs to check-in and that person will fill in the info (Passport, emergency contact, etc,) for the other people in their cabin?

In the future, when people decided to cruise again with NCL and they never got a change to check-in because someone else in their cabin did it for them under their own login, will they get the Latitude points for this cruise?

Hope my questions make sense and thanks in advance.

How do you guys handle it when you are organizing a group of 20+ passengers in 9 cabins? There is no way to check-in everyone under one log in, correct?

Correct.

Does everyone need to log in to My NCL or am I correct in assuming that just one person per cabin needs to check-in and that person will fill in the info (Passport, emergency contact, etc,) for the other people in their cabin?

That is possible yes, they just need to confirm (by checking a checkbox on the site while doing the login) that they have permission from other passenger(s) in the cabin that they are allowed to do the checkin on their behalf.

In the future, when people decided to cruise again with NCL and they never got a change to check-in because someone else in their cabin did it for them under their own login, will they get the Latitude points for this cruise?

Doing or not doing the check-in personally has nothing to do with the accumulation of Latitudes points, so yes - they will get points even if they haven't registered to the site themselves. They just need to make sure that they book future trips with the same passenger/Latitudes number as the first one.

Correct.

That is possible yes, they just need to confirm (by checking a checkbox on the site while doing the login) that they have permission from other passenger(s) in the cabin that they are allowed to do the checkin on their behalf.

Doing or not doing the check-in personally has nothing to do with the accumulation of Latitudes points, so yes - they will get points even if they haven't registered to the site themselves. They just need to make sure that they book future trips with the same passenger/Latitudes number as the first one.

Hmmmm....I didn't notice this checkbox when I logged in for me and my wife. Maybe my excitement made me skim over it and completely miss it...

I guess another question would be, How would you guys handle it? Would you let everyone log in themselves or would you designate one person per cabin to log in for their cabin?

Edited by panda79

Hmmmm....I didn't notice this checkbox when I logged in for me and my wife. Maybe my excitement made me skim over it and completely miss it...

Well it's a bit misleading if one doesn't read the texts. :D

The checkbox under Cruise Ticket Contract (step 4) changes from

I, Xxxx Xxxx, have read the Terms and Conditions of the Guest Ticket Contract, and the Additional Terms and Conditions, and accept all of the terms and conditions stated above.

to

I, Xxxx Xxxx, have read the Terms and Conditions of the Guest Ticket Contract, and the Additional Terms and Conditions, and accept all of the terms and conditions stated above on behalf of and with the authority from Yyyy Yyyy with his/her consent.

I guess another question would be, How would you guys handle it? Would you let everyone log in themselves or would you designate one person per cabin to log in for their cabin?

I'd probably either handle them all myself (did this when we cruised earlier this year with my GF's mother and her SO, I registered an account for one of them and used that - if they need the account themselves, they can change the password, but the cruise was probably a once-in-a-lifetime thing for them) or at maximum designate one person to do it for all in the cabin to minimize the hassle.

I have all the log in information for my 4 adult kids. When we all cruise together, I complete their online registration and print out their edocs so I know everything is completed correctly. Yes, they could do it themselves but I prefer to do it this way. We usually only have 3 or 4 cabins/suites.

I'd probably either handle them all myself (did this when we cruised earlier this year with my GF's mother and her SO, I registered an account for one of them and used that - if they need the account themselves, they can change the password, but the cruise was probably a once-in-a-lifetime thing for them) or at maximum designate one person to do it for all in the cabin to minimize the hassle.

I have all the log in information for my 4 adult kids. When we all cruise together, I complete their online registration and print out their edocs so I know everything is completed correctly. Yes, they could do it themselves but I prefer to do it this way. We usually only have 3 or 4 cabins/suites.

I would do this except some people in our group would rather do it themselves. I think I would designate one person per cabin and just be on top of them to do it soon and correctly stressing the point to be accurate with the passport info....

You might want to check with NCL group sales to get registered as a group. Maybe they have another solution to the MyNCL stuff.

855-625-4768.

requires 8 cabins and 16 people minimum...if qualified, you will get some perks.

You might want to check with NCL group sales to get registered as a group. Maybe they have another solution to the MyNCL stuff.

855-625-4768.

requires 8 cabins and 16 people minimum...if qualified, you will get some perks.

Hmmm...my TA already booked us as a group...is this something different?