Avoid Glory Tours!!! Very shady business!!!

jeremyp969

We booked the best of barbados tour with glory tours on 6/15 and I was charged the full amount on my credit card which was fine. Once we started the tour we were told we had to pay for the snorkeling up front ourselves and would get reimbursed later. To this date and after SEVERAL e-mails I have not gotten reimbursed by Sarah.

She has told me multiple times it has gone through yet it has not showed up on my credit card. I called my credit card and they told me a credit should post in 5 days, even if it's from another country, so I know it's not my credit card.

Now Sarah won't even return my e-mails!!!

AVOID GLORY TOURS AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Jeremy--welcome to the "burned by Glory tours" club! Kidding...it's not funny at all. As you can see by other threads that are running, this is a huge problem. I'm sorry it happened to you. I hope everyone considering this company reads all these posts.

Sarah---I hope you are reading these posts too. You should be ashamed of how you are treating the tourists that want to visit your beautiful island. I'm sure by now your business is defunct, but we expect our refunds. Why not just settle this and be done with it? Please, for everyone.

Missyal

I just got off the phone with Glory Tours.

We are travelling to Barbados in September and I would like to condiser Glory Tours based on all of the positive reviews of the actual tour experience but I'm very hestiant based on all of the problems with the credit cards.

According to the woman I just spoke with (might have been Sarah but I didn't ask) ALL OF THE CREDITS WERE ISSUED AS OF YESTERDAY. Now is this another story of have they finally got their act together?

I'll wait for an update from the people who have actually been through hell with this issue before I book. I really hope everyone is able to respond back that they've finally received their credits. I would love to do this tour but I don't want to spoil the experience with months of follow-up torture.

poppabear

I plan to keep this thread up to date to include all correspondance with Sarah. So I will let you know if I do get credited back the amount. I have e-mailed her twice in the past 2 weeks and haven't heard back yet. However, when I wanted to book with her she was very quick to get back to me. Wonder why......

To update everyone, I got a partial credit back on my credit card yesterday. The credit was about $15 short. I called Sarah and she told me she would look into it, but she said we paid more for snorkeling than we should have. She set it up!!! How could we pay more than we should have? Hopefully she'll credit the rest as she should.

• 2 weeks later...

We finally got our credit from Sarah! I am so glad that this is done and over with. I lost track of how many of you are still waiting, but I wish you luck. I guess it's a lesson learned, but I have always booked all our shore trips( 8 cruises worth) with no problems until this one. We even did Europe on our own that way. I will continue to do the same on future cruises.

Happy cruising all!

Missyal

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe that Sarah is stifling her own business here. Wow....she needs a little bit of business knowledge about keeping customers satisfied. Keep trying, I eventually got mine and so did some of the other ones. Good Luck!

Hi everyone

Just to let you know our new system has been up and running for over a month and a half and is working smoothley.

I have also refunded Jeremy the additional ballance of US$14.00. Having previously refunded US$46.00

The tour was pre booked and paid for there was a problem however with the boat insurance at the time (The boat is not ours)

Because of this we had no option but to refund the portion of the tour and not put our guest at risk. The fu;ll amount for this was refunded . It is true it was done to slow I had had some medical problems wich distracted me from my work.

The other portion Jeremy wanted and has now recieved is an additional ammount he requested was to cover a snorkel trip he paid for to a boat operator todo a snorkel trip. He paid them US$60.00

The boat problem is now resolved and everything is perfect I once again apologize for all mistakes on my behalf I am truly and sincerly sorry.

I have made the offer before and will make it again. Glory Tours will refund the full cost of any tour taken if it is found that dupplicate billing has occured. As of July 15 2005

Once again happy sailing to all cruisers and my Best Wishes to you all:)

IO thought I should alo mention we realy arent a shaddy company we are sold through EXPEDIA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Viator, Last Minute Deals, Shore Trips, Chep Tickets and many many more large travel companies. If you feel more comfortable you may book through one of them:) here is a link to one

http://www.viator.com/brochure/results_1.jsp;jsessionid=arnp0J1YTiE4?CALL=SEARCH&KWOS=1&CONTINENT=&COUNTRY=&REGION=&CITY=&PRODUCT_TYPE=&KEYWORD=barbados&x=14&y=7

Archived