Chef's Table Question

firstcruiseever

Hey Y'all

Does anyone know when the chef's table generally is? We have two kids and would have to have them in camp carnival, but I don't want to go past ten cause then we have to pay for BBSitting.

Also, if we don't drink, will we still have fun? Is it still worth it?

Tough to answer. It really does vary by ship and itinerary. Which ship are you sailing?? Maybe someone will have some first hand knowledge to share??

Edited by happy cruzin

DH and I did the Chef's table last cruise. I'm not a very big drinker. I just sipped a little of the wine. I loved the whole thing. The food was awesome but the experience was out of this world. DH didn't want to do it. He couldn't see spending extra money on the food on a cruise. However now he says he'll never cruise again without doing it. :)

We have done Chefs Table two or three times. It is very much worth the money. Generally started around 6ish I believe. But then again, I don't watch the clock much on the ship! Chef usually will come visit you at your table at lunch or the night before to say hi. The behind the scenes tour is so cool to see. To taste and learn about all the dishes, how they get their food etc is great. I think we were done by 9-9:30pm either way. I enjoy the wine, however it is only house wine and nothing exotic. Wine is a low key part of the dinner. Only there as a treat. They will ask if you even want wine. Just like we don't eat fish, they will substitute it. The chef and staff take every measure to make sure you are satisfied. Do yourself a favor and book it. Kick back and enjoy the experience. We are sailing again in Jan and will do the Chefs Table yet again... I hope!

Chad