FLL hotels - Feb. - why so expensive?

kittycat1234

We had to book 2 rooms for our party of 8, I booked a 2 star close to airport in Fll for 162/each room a few weeks ago, did not pay online so I could cancel if a better deal came along, got on Priceline yesterday and decided to try to get a better place, put in my preference for downtown area and 4 star, I tried a few times starting at 100$, then 125$, finally got a deal at 150$ per room, ended up at the Sherton, 4 stars, much nicer for a few $$ less! Got lucky!

We had reserved a room through the Choice Hotel site, which was not paid for but guaranteed with a credit card. It was more than what I wanted to pay ($190 including tax) for a room at Comfort Suites in Dania Beach. However, I have been scanning discount sites to see if it would go on sale at all. Yesterday I was on expedia-aarp.com and the same room was 10% off the advance pay price. I booked and paid $151 including tax for the same night/same type of room and canceled the other reservation. It may go down more before our travel date (March 15), but I'm happy with that price and that hotel as we arrive in the evening around 8 pm and leave early the next day via shared shuttle for POM. I think there will be further movement in some of these high prices as the time gets closer...hopefully downward for those of you still looking! :)

We had to book 2 rooms for our party of 8, I booked a 2 star close to airport in Fll for 162/each room a few weeks ago, did not pay online so I could cancel if a better deal came along, got on Priceline yesterday and decided to try to get a better place, put in my preference for downtown area and 4 star, I tried a few times starting at 100$, then 125$, finally got a deal at 150$ per room, ended up at the Sherton, 4 stars, much nicer for a few $$ less! Got lucky!

You are going to have trouble putting four in a priceline room especially that time of year.

Families will all be traveling and the double/double rooms will go first.

I'd go ahead and call the hotel.