Conover Resigning

bermudabum

ho-hum.... ;)

Host Dan

You called ........(6 times a week you work out ! oh my !)

How can I help you sweetie ? Just back from a Sea Dream voyage and nice and chilled but will these offerings do ?

Pam Conover; met her a couple of times and was really impressed. Sad for everyone she has gone (tho' would love to know the real reason....dah-dah-dah-dah).

Commodoredave: you seem like a really decent guy AND you've got to give Sea Dream a go ! You will definitely find out why folks love the crew and ship so much. It's made for you (but buy your taser at home as the on-ship prices are a lot higher !)

goRRRdon: I feel your passion, you crazy old coyote. Do all your postings coincide with a Full Moon ? Am I right or am I right ?

Dont forget tho', they say "worse things happen at sea" (oops ! sorry that doesn't really help, does it ?).

Loved the rebuke by the self-proclaimed president of the senior ladies, appeasers wing of the etiquette committee, which can be summarised as we shouldnt be uppity passengers, we should know our place, always believe our betters in Miami, never rock the boat (geddit) and return heads back into sand of complacency (I think that's where it was).

I'm sure she is a lovely lady and her favourite tipple is a Long Island Iced Tea or a Bloody Mary (or a bloody anything with alcohol ! Oh my oh my ! Just my kinda gal. I imagine the five of us at the TOTYB, Ho-hum, the lady in question, commodoredave, Mrs.commodoredave and GoRRRdon, all having a rare old time. That's what being onboard does to you).

Must run. Back on Sea Dream very soon.

Get some decent rose Miami !

Oops , sorry nice lady president. May I re-phrase that.

"Miami would you please kindly consider purchasing some half decent Provencal rose wine to accompany the al fresco lunch time dining experiences on your beautiful classic boat, ship "thingy-me-jiggy". I would be so awfully grateful but never mind if you cant, I completely understand and just apologise for even bothering you. Mea culpe, mea culpe, mea maxima culpe." (Sound of a very large Splash !)

Disclaimer: no drugs, alcohol or any artificial mood enhancers were taken during the consideration of this post or during this posting.

My name is Ho-hum and I approve this message.

God bless America, God save the Queen (Elton...) and the rest of you's....

No animals were harmed during the writing of this post (except when I tripped over my old labrador while getting a tea and trod on his foot: shouldnt have been in my way anyway).

I so really want to use a Smilie or Icon thingy but dont know how, so just imagine me smiling throughout this humbug of a posting. Smile back.

Just making a correction here since Mr. Brynestad's name has come up several times now... His first name is Atle; not 'Artle.'

The correction is noted from the lady who contributed to the posting about the completely in-correct article about the demise of SD and sent us scurrying in panic to check what deposits we have paid !

I invite you to see the bigger picture. Oh sweet irony !

I'm only posting this once, unlike your posting on every available thread.

Vandrefalk

Wasn't sure which thread to post this on, but guess this one will do!

Vandrefalk

Thought you might be a little more charitable as you seem to have encountered the same situation in only the very recent past.

Out of the 5,893 threads, I posted on 3 (not every available thread).

As for the main body of your counter-argument, I fully accept your opinion and right to do so and your lighter approach to a CEO leaving her job and the effect this might have on everyone.

The correction is noted from the lady who contributed to the posting about the completely in-correct article about the demise of SD and sent us scurrying in panic to check what deposits we have paid !I invite you to see the bigger picture. Oh sweet irony !

Huh?! I merely thanked FT for providing an English based link to the article that she posted. Fail to see where I attempted to make any comment re: the content of that link that would send the masses fleeing from SD! :rolleyes:

Only two comments:

One, I've never had a Long Island Iced Tea in my life.

Two, I leave this thread to the members of the Chicken Little Club.

Vandrefalk

Never??:eek: They make a great one at the TOY Bar.:D Hope you are having a blast.

Only two comments:

One, I've never had a Long Island Iced Tea in my life.

Two, I leave this thread to the members of the Chicken Little Club.

Vandrefalk

OK, got it wrong, now your sounding more like Lady Windermere "a hand baggg !!!!" ("I've never had a Long Island Iced Tea in my liiiiiffffffffffe young man !)

Hey Zoltan, I think Lady V is more of a "whisky sour" kinda gal (heavy & sour)

Have another little chicken club sandwich me' Lady (steady on gal: we are on for another 10 days and I can see how much you love Garfield's deserts. Just looking after your back: (sides and front). Only saying girlfriend.

We can chat about the gay times on board and the crew we love.

OK so GoRRRdon may be in the corner listening to Joy Division or Leonard Cohen (The Disco Years) but provided we dont look at him directly in the eye, check it's not a Full Moon and DON'T mention the loss of his pin-up Pam or the Kids or anything really. Careful stepping by him as you might snag the intravenous drip of Laphroaig fed into both of his arms !

Come over Lady C, goRRRdon was only kidding, he's safely comatozed. What's your tipple ? Spell it for us.

Where's that Andreas ? He said he would be up here ages ago. Typical, he promises you one thing and then nothing...... Guess he's busy again. Such an important guy in the office, serving those Aquavits around all day.

Hey Jim, spare Long Island here just made by Zoltan, come and join us and regale us with your many, many ventures upon the High Seas with Sea Dream ! (and your favourite meals onboard). Are you a menu degustation kinda guy: I see you as more a Surf' n Turf, if there was a straight fight). There were no double entendres during this last paragraph.

Respect Jim. Seen it all, done it all.

OK, got it wrong, now your sounding more like Lady Windermere "a hand baggg !!!!" ("I've never had a Long Island Iced Tea in my liiiiiffffffffffe young man !)

Hey Zoltan, I think Lady V is more of a "whisky sour" kinda gal (heavy & sour)

Have another little chicken club sandwich me' Lady (steady on gal: we are on for another 10 days and I can see how much you love Garfield's deserts. Just looking after your back: (sides and front). Only saying girlfriend.

We can chat about the gay times on board and the crew we love.

OK so GoRRRdon may be in the corner listening to Joy Division or Leonard Cohen (The Disco Years) but provided we dont look at him directly in the eye, check it's not a Full Moon and DON'T mention the loss of his pin-up Pam or the Kids or anything really. Careful stepping by him as you might snag the intravenous drip of Laphroaig fed into both of his arms !

Come over Lady C, goRRRdon was only kidding, he's safely comatozed. What's your tipple ? Spell it for us.

Where's that Andreas ? He said he would be up here ages ago. Typical, he promises you one thing and then nothing...... Guess he's busy again. Such an important guy in the office, serving those Aquavits around all day.

Hey Jim, spare Long Island here just made by Zoltan, come and join us and regale us with your many, many ventures upon the High Seas with Sea Dream ! (and your favourite meals onboard). Are you a menu degustation kinda guy: I see you as more a Surf' n Turf, if there was a straight fight). There were no double entendres during this last paragraph.

Respect Jim. Seen it all, done it all.

Ho-Hum,

Thanks for the kind invitation for a LI Iced Tea. If you are still aboard on the 30th I will happily partake with you. After a few LIIT, I am sure we will have solved 99% of the world's (and all of SeaDream's) problems. Might even swap a few sea stories. I assume you know the difference between a Fairy Tale and a Sea Story but if not, I will tell you. A Fairy Tale usually begins "Once Upon A Time". A Sea Story inevitably starts with "This Aint No S**t".:eek: And I am an equal opportunity Gourmand liking Degustation nearly as much as Surf & Turf.:D Best wishes for a fabulous cruise. Keep up the reporting.

J.

Commodoredave: you seem like a really decent guy AND you've got to give Sea Dream a go ! You will definitely find out why folks love the crew and ship so much. It's made for you (but buy your taser at home as the on-ship prices are a lot higher !)

Loved the rebuke by the self-proclaimed president of the senior ladies, appeasers wing of the etiquette committee, which can be summarised as we shouldnt be uppity passengers, we should know our place, always believe our betters in Miami, never rock the boat (geddit) and return heads back into sand of complacency (I think that's where it was).

I'm sure she is a lovely lady and her favourite tipple is a Long Island Iced Tea or a Bloody Mary (or a bloody anything with alcohol ! Oh my oh my ! Just my kinda gal. I imagine the five of us at the TOTYB, Ho-hum, the lady in question, commodoredave, Mrs.commodoredave and GoRRRdon, all having a rare old time. That's what being onboard does to you).

Ho-Hum, sitting here in Toronto in frigid temps right now has me counting the minutes until we sail on Sea Dream in one month. I can't think of anything better than the five of us having a drink at the TOY bar -- I'll even buy!;)